Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Ophelia's Apothecary November 2013 Review

November was my last month in my second 3 month sub to Ophelia's Apothecary. I may just stop saying how far into this sub I am because I don't see myself getting rid of it anytime soon! Naturally, I resubscribed again! Ophelia's Apothecary is a great indie bath and body product subscription. For $15/month (or less if you go with a 3- or 6-month subscription), you get 4-6 handmade bath and body items (everything is paraben- and sulfate-free). When you sign up, the owner sends you an email with a survey asking about fragrance preferences, allergies, style/personality, etc to allow her to customize your box a bit. I always look forward to seeing what new stuff I'll get each month!
Cute pumpkin bag for November!
Info card
We got 4 things this month. The first was a handmade shea butter soap in the shape of a gingerbread man with a candy cane scent. I may not use bar soap in the shower, but this is super cute for our guest bathroom sink! And I love the scent. Very Christmasy!
Candy cane shea butter soap
Next up was a scoop of her sugar scoop scrub. I got one of these in September and it was great in the shower. These just melt in the shower and it becomes a great scrub! I have to admit, I have no idea what scent this is and the note just says a variety was sent out, but it doesn't matter. It smells fantastic.
Sugar scoop scrub
We also got a set of reusable eye gels! Stick them in the fridge and they get nice and cool to place on your eyes. I love that we got something I can keep using over and over. These are great.
Reusable eye gels
Finally, a guest gift from Auracauna Designs, we got a really cute little felt flower pin. I'm not sure if everyone got the same color, but I love my colors! The dark pink and brown and red are very fall feeling. Super cute!
Auracauna Designs felt flower pin
November 2013 Ophelia's Apothecary bag

Another great little bag from Ophelia's Apothecary! I just love knowing that the stuff she makes is nice and safe to use because it doesn't contain the harsh stuff. I've spent too much time this year looking at labels, wondering if stuff I eat and put on my body is affecting my fertility. Maybe I'm overthinking it. I did just have a slew of fertility-related bloodwork done and everything came back totally normal, so maybe I do just need to relax, but I figure it doesn't hurt to make sure I'm making healthy choices. These products are something I don't have to worry about and that's nice.

If you want to sign up, go to her website! If you get this box already, let me know if you got different things!

(And just a disclaimer: I bought this box myself and was not compensated for this review in any way. All opinions are my own.)

No comments:

Post a Comment