Friday, December 20, 2013

Lip Factory December 2013 Review

After skipping November's "all about lips" month, I decided I wanted to get Lip Factory again, and thanks to a pretty big sale I made of some of my unused box items, I was able to get it without any impact on the budget! Lip Factory is a makeup subscription box. For $22 a month, you get 5-6 (I'm guessing based on my past 2 months) full size products. Obviously they're called Lip Factory, so you will get at least 1-2 lip products, but again, based on my experience so far, it looks like they often have other stuff mixed in. And as I mentioned just a second ago, they do have an occasional month of all lip products.
Opening the box, pretty card!
Info card
First peek
My first peek was pretty great! I love makeup boxes and this one is chock full! The first little item, more a sample than anything else, is a foil packet of PureCeuticals Pumpkin Enzyme Cleanse. The full size is $39.00 and Lip Factory says this packet is worth about $3. Seems a tad high for a one use packet, but I'll give it to them. Anyway, this is supposed to be gentle and aromatic, which sounds nice, so I'll definitely try it. I do like pumpkin, so I hope it actually smells like it!
PureCeuticals Pumpkin Enzyme Cleanse
The first real product was a full size Michael Marcus Plump Lip Plumper ($20). I am super thrilled that the first lip product I took out of this box isn't a lip color! This is mean to to increase shine, hydration, and volume. I tried it out right away, and like most lip plumpers, I do feel a tingle, so it seems to work at least a bit! I like these kinds of products because I feel like I can put them on and it just enhances my natural lips without smearing a bunch of color on them.
Michael Marcus Plump Lip Plumper
Next up was a full sized MeMeMe Boho Balm Lip and Cheek Tint ($10.62). There are 2 different varieties of this and I got Pink Rouge. This has 2 different colored balms that can be used on lips and cheeks. It applies smoothly and the colors aren't bad. I'm a little unsure of the lighter color, but the darker color is really nice! I'm happy with this, too!
MeMeMe Boho Balm Cheek and Lip Tint
Swatches of the 2 colors of the MeMeMe balm
The last lip item I got was actually not on my card. It looks like it was from November's box. I'm not sure if they just had extras and sent them out to everyone or what. I'm certainly not complaining though! It's a full sized ModelCo. Lip Couture Lipstick in the color Luella ($17.00). I can't seem to find that color online. <shrug> When I first opened it, I was fairly sure it would be too dark for me, and after going back and forth, I finally decided to just try it. It's actually pretty great! I like it! And it has a cute little mirror on the tube!
ModelCo. Lip Couture Lipstick in Luella
Swatch of the ModelCo. Lipstick
The next product is a full size (ok, everything but the first item is a full sized product, maybe I don't need to say that anymore!) tube of Essence Lash and Brow Gel Mascara ($2.99). It's clear. I definitely won't use it on my eyes because I don't do natural mascara (I go big or nothing) but I'll definitely try it out on my brows. Sometimes they can get a little unruly. In fact, in every single one of my wedding pictures, my one eyebrow has a bit pushed down and it bothers me so much! Why didn't anyone tell me!?
Essence Lash and Brow Gel Mascara
Ok, you might have to blow it up, but I can see the wonky eyebrow!
Next up was a J. Cat Beauty Fab Five Eye Shadow Palette ($4.00). I got the FES116. Now, one would think I'd be all over this, seeing as how it's eye stuff. Sure, it's cheap, but I love plenty of cheap eyeshadows - I love the palettes I've gotten from bhcosmetics and Coastal Scents. But honestly, I looked at this, and it just looks so much like something a MUCH younger girl might play with. I'm not a fan of the colors and I just haven't been impressed with many (if any) of the J. Cat items I've tried. So, into the trade pile. Naturally, I didn't swatch them.
J. Cat Beauty Fab Five Eye Shadow Palette
The last item was a full sized NCLA nail polish in the color Prized Possessions ($16.00). Wow, what a gorgeous polish!! I LOVE it! Purple sparkly goodness. A purple jelly base with blue, green, silver, and purple glitter of various sizes. I sort of want to buy all the other colors in the series Blvck Mvrket. And maybe all the Holos too. And like 5 others. Geez. Birthday coming up!
NCLA polish in Prized Possessions
December 2013 Lip Factory
This was a very full, amazing box. I loved almost everything and it had a value of $73.61! That's a great value for a $22 box! I will absolutely be continuing this subscription (I do have to find out when the next all about lips box is though - I'll still most likely skip that one just because I don't always love lip stuff).

Did you get Lip Factory this month? What did you get? If you'd like to sign up, go to their website! If you don't mind using it, my referral number is 385045 - apparently, you can enter it in a special referral spot in your beauty profile after you sign up.

(And just a disclaimer: I bought this box myself and was not compensated for this review in any way. All opinions are my own. I have included a referral number, but no referral links.)

No comments:

Post a Comment