Friday, October 11, 2013

Ophelia's Apothecary September 2013 Review

Whoops, just when I thought I finished September, I found a small batch of pictures in my phone for a few more boxes!

When my 3 month Ophelia's Apothecary subscription ended, I decided to go ahead and renew for another 3 months since I really like this sub. For $15/month (or less if you go with a 3- or 6-month subscription), you get 4-6 handmade bath and body items (everything is paraben- and sulfate-free). When you sign up, the owner sends you an email with a survey asking about fragrance preferences, allergies, style/personality, etc to allow her to customize your box a bit. I always look forward to seeing what new stuff I'll get each month!
Adorable bag!!
We seem to be sticking with the bag within a padded mailer for shipping (as opposed to the box I got my first 2 months), which is fine with me, since nothing seems to get damaged. I like the different cute bags she chooses! She also sprinkled a few cute shiny leaf confetti pieces inside! This was a definite fall theme.
Info card - this is new! Used to just be a sheet of paper, I like this change!
My first item was a small bottle of massage and bath oil. Given the filled in line, it looks like this one might've been customized to each person. I got Country Apple, which I love! I'll definitely be getting Chris to give me a massage with this!
Massage and bath oil in Country Apple
Next up, something I LOVE to see in my Ophelia bag/box, was a rollerball perfume in Equinox, which she says has "notes of lavender, crisp apples, and woodsy oak". As usual, I love it. I have a fairly recently found love of lavender, so I happily hoard up all the lavender.
Equinox rollerball perfume
I also got a scoop of her new sugar scoop scrubs that softens to spread in the shower. I'm looking forward to trying that out in the shower soon. I'm almost tempted to save it for when the weather gets a bit cooler and my skin dries out (especially my hands), but as I learned last year in Houston, it does get somewhat cool by December or so, but I just don't dry out as much here. It's so humid all the time. Does wonders for my skin (though sometimes I do look a bit TOO shiny in summer. Don't even get me started on my hair.). So, I may as well use it now!
Sugar scoop scrub
Next was a bottle of antibacterial hand gel in Pumpkin Pie. I love all things pumpkin, so this was another welcome item! I totally intended to bring it with me to Disney, since that place is a cesspool of germs and we always come back with Disney plague, but alas, I always forget something, and this time it was this. I can still use it now though as we enter cold and flu season!
Antibacterial hand gel in Pumpkin Pie
My last beauty product was a sample of her new pumpkin face masque. More lovely pumpkin stuff! I'm also really looking forward to trying this (this package came just before we left, so I haven't gotten a chance to try anything other than the rollerball).
Pumpkin facial masque
Our last item was a really cute initial pendant - handmade by the owner! This was a really cute piece and really thoughtful of her to make one personalized for each subscriber.
Personalized initial pendant
September 2013 Ophelia's Apothecary box
I'm really thrilled with this box. I love fall stuff - fall scents are just so cozy. This was a total hit for me. I'm really happy I decided to keep subscribing!

If you want to sign up, go to her website! If you get this box already, let me know if you got different things!

(And just a disclaimer: I bought this box myself and was not compensated for this review in any way. All opinions are my own.)

No comments:

Post a Comment