Monday, December 2, 2013

Ipsy November 2013 Review

Ipsy time again (ok, I'm kind of behind, so technically it was Ipsy time like 2 weeks ago)! Ipsy is one of my favorite inexpensive sub boxes! For only $10 a month, you get 4-5 samples or full size makeup and beauty products plus a cute makeup bag every month! November's theme was Glam it Up.
I forgot to take a first peek shot, so straight to the "info" card and coupon
 The bag this month fit very well with the glam theme:
Shiny gold bag!
So, that coupon we got was for 30% off at Em Cosmetics and our first item was a full sized Em product - there were several that went out and I got mascara! To be specific, Lash Gallery Lengthening Mascara in black ($20). Perfect! I'm really glad I didn't get one of the lip products! As far as mascara, this one is pretty good, but not amazing. It's not sticky or clumpy which is nice and I like the wand, but it's not super dramatic. I don't think anything will ever live up to my beloved Too Faced Better Than False Lashes. They're the only thing that can give me lashes like my daughter's natural ones. Seriously, her lashes are ridiculous. People notice them all the time. I wish I had her lashes.
Em Cosmetics Lash Gallery Lengthening Mascara
Next was a full size Starlooks Gem Eye Pencil in Amethyst ($14). I'm still a little bummed about getting Starlooks in subscriptions other than their own Starbox. I do love their stuff, I just want it only from them! There's just too much risk of repeat. Like this. Seriously, like, the day before the spoilers came out for Ipsy contents, I had just bought all the remaining colors I was missing in the Gem Eye Pencils (including this one) because I love them. And then I saw I'd be getting either Amethyst or Topaz again in this. Everyone got one. I was so mad. The one I ordered went in the trade pile, unopened. Oh well. This one I did open and as expected, like the others, I really like it. A nice very pale metallic purple. Nice and creamy application.
Starlooks Gem Eye Pencil in Amethyst
The next item was a Pixi Bronzer in the color Subtly Suntouched. I don't think this one is full sized, since the full sized one has a fairy pattern in the bronzer, which mine doesn't have. I'm not entirely sure of the value of this since I'm not sure how big full sized is to calculate it, but full sized is $18. Maybe this is half, so we'll call it $9. Anyway, it's a very light bronzer. Probably too light for many people, I'd think. This may work out ok for me since my face is somehow even paler than the rest of me, so it might be useful in adding a little color to the non-blush areas of my face. Just some highlights here and there. Or maybe I'll even try it as a blush, but it's a bit browner than I'd normally go for in a blush.
Pixi Bronzer in Subtly Suntouched
My last piece of makeup is a full sized Be a Bombshell Lip Crayon in Hot Damn ($14). <sigh> Didn't even try it. Bright red. I think there were 2 colors that went out. The other was a shimmery burgundy. That one may have been a bit too dark, but I think I might've at least tried that one. These crayons can sometimes be buildable, so a light touch of it might've been nice. This one, I know won't work. I don't do red. So, sadly, no swatch for this one - it went to the trade pile. I don't like to try things I know I'll trade. Hopefully, those I trade with do me the same courtesy.
Be a Bombshell Lip Crayon in Hot Damn
Next up was a full size Nailtini nail polish in the color Caviar Cocktail ($13). It's a nice subtle looking darker silver color. I have so many silver polishes though, and I'm pretty sure I have a color that will be very close to this (Bondi City Slicker, even though I'm not so wild on Bondi right now...ugh), so I didn't swatch this one out either because I put it in the trade pile.
Nailtini Caviar Cocktail
My last product is a sample size GlamGlow Youthmud Tinglexfoliate Treatment ($20.70). That's a fairly expensive .5oz sample. Anyway, this is supposed to be a "facial in a jar" (well, we got a tube) that brightens, exfoliates, smooths, tightens, purifies, protects, and activates collagen production. It sounds pretty good, so I'll definitely give it a try!
GlamGlow Youthmud Tinglexfoliate Treatment (that's a lot of little red squiggles under words)
The 2 things I did swatch - the Starlooks liner and the Pixi Bronzer
You can see the purple in the liner a bit more at this angle
November 2013 Ipsy
I'm pretty thrilled with this bag. 6 products, 4 of which are full size, and a total value of about $90.70!! For a $10 subscription!! That's amazing! Even though 2 ended up in the trade pile, I'm still happy with what I got. The only thing I might have liked to try is the BH Cosmetics eye shadow sample, but honestly, I think I may just pick up the whole Galaxy palette for $9.

What did you get in your bag this month? If you want to subscribe, please use my link! If you haven't tried it and you like makeup/beauty stuff, you should!

(And just a disclaimer: I bought this box myself and was not compensated for this review in any way. All opinions are my own. I have included referral links.)

No comments:

Post a Comment