Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Glossybox November 2013 Review

With Emily's birthday coming up very soon, I'm trying to at least finish up November's reviews before Friday/the weekend because things will be very busy then! So, moving on to Glossybox! For $21/month, you get 5 deluxe-sized beauty samples. Occasionally, you get full sized items. It's a great sub because you get to try some higher-end brands. November's theme was Holiday Romance.
Opening the box
Info card
First Peek
The first product I pulled out was a 2 oz size bottle of Mastey Color Protecting Leave-In Oil Treatment ($25). Wow, already surpassed the box value! I do like that this is safe for color treated hair and doesn't contain any of the big questionable ingredients like parabens. I also like that it's good for protecting hair from heat damage and helps hair dry faster since I'm back to straightening my hair now that it's not 100% humidity everyday. That being said, I must have 5 different argan oils, so this doesn't really seem that different to me. I'll use it eventually, but only after I get through the other 4.
Mastey Color Protecting Leave-In Oil Treatment
Next up was a 1.8 oz bottle of The Aloe Source Jojoba Radiance Cleansing Polish ($8.06). Another product free of questionable ingredients (sulfate), this is supposed to be a gentle exfoliator. I'll definitely give this one a try.
The Aloe Source Jojoba Radiance Cleansing Polish
Another face product we got this month was a .17 oz sample of Sulwhasoo Concentrated Ginseng Cream ($18.70). I don't love the smell of it, but it's supposed to stimulate cell regeneration to make your skin smoother and younger looking. Sounds good to me, so I'll definitely try it. Hopefully, I won't love it - the full size is $220. Eek.
Sulwhasoo Concentrated Ginseng Cream
My last 2 products went together: a Nicka K Eyeshadow Round Brush ($4.99) and a full size Emite Makeup Micronized Eye Shadow in the color Dams ($26.13). Another brush for my collection - no complaints there. I'm glad I have the eyeshadow because I don't think I have a plain black for blending, but it's matte, which isn't my favorite. The pigmentation is nice though.
Nicka K Eyeshadow Round Brush
Emite Makeup Micronized Eye Shadow in Dams
Better view of the color
Swatch of the Emite shadow
November 2013 Glossybox
Overall, once again, I'm pretty happy with the new things I get to try from Glossybox. And a couple brands I've never tried, so that's nice! Only one item, the hair treatment, was somewhat of a dupe item (ok, I guess the brush is too, but I love brushes, so I don't care!), but maybe it'll surprise me and be awesome and somehow better than the others I have. The overall value of this box was a whopping $82.88! Great value for a $21 box!

If you get Glossybox, did you get anything different? If you'd like to sign up, here's my link.

(And just a disclaimer: I bought this box myself and was not compensated for this review in any way. All opinions are my own. I have included referral links.)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment