Friday, December 20, 2013

Stork Stack December 2013 Review

December marks Emily's last month of Stork Stack. Their site specifically says the stacks are for "3rd Trimester to 3rd Birthday", so Emily has officially aged out of it, which is a bit of a bummer. I like this box and Emily does too. No sense in continuing for too-young products though. Hopefully there will eventually be another baby to get this box in our house, though.

Anyway, for $27.99, you get 4 age-appropriate items for your child and one item for mom or dad. It's nice that they add in an item for parents, but I have my own subscriptions, so I'd kind of rather they make it 5 things for kids. December's theme was "Toy Chest", which I was excited for - being Emily's last box (not to mention it's holiday time!), it seems only fitting that it contain mostly items she'd really enjoy: toys!
Opening the box
The first thing she pulled out was a Melissa and Doug wooden kazoo ($3.99). This may be an inexpensive little item, but man, does Emily love it. She plays with it everyday.
She didn't know what it was at first
Melissa and Doug Kazoo
Figured it out right away
Next up was a set of Edushape Mini EduTile Numbers ($7.99). I initially didn't think these would be a big hit because we basically had the full size version of this while we stayed at our inlaws house waiting for our house to be built. She was younger, so didn't really know the numbers then. Now, she knows the numbers and actually seems to really enjoy this too! The numbers pop out and the tiles fit together, so I think she has fun with that. She's been playing with this daily as well.
Trying to get it out of the box - it was wedged it pretty good
A puzzle?
Playing (she does actually know the correct order of numbers despite her creation here!)
The last item she was interested in was a Cloud B Soothing Puppets Giraffe ($21.95). I knew ahead of time from the shipping email, which now includes your product list link, that her box would have a soothing puppet and I so hoped it would be the giraffe! She has their Gentle Giraffe and loves it - she loves all giraffes! This soothing puppet is pretty cool. It can be a hand puppet or a warm/cool pack with 2 included gel packs that you can microwave or refrigerate. She loves it. For now, I've just removed the gel packs and she sleeps with him empty. Next time she gets a booboo, I'll definitely try it out as a cold pack though!
She's not actually sad here - that's just her saying "Aww, it's a little giraffe!"
Cloud B Soothing Puppet Giraffe
Big hug
The last 2 items were not toys, so Emily wasn't terribly interested in them. The first was a sample Larabar Uber bar in the flavor Roasted Nut Roll ($1.15). I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds a lot like the nut bars I had to eat while I was pregnant with Emily. Near the end, I had gestational diabetes (it was well managed and Emily came out totally unaffected) and had only a small list of approved snacks - Chris called my nut bars "gravel bars" because they were so hard that when I ate them, it sounded like I was chewing on gravel. Hopefully these are a little better. Oddly, my packing list said I should've gotten Pretzel Crisps. <shrug>
Larabar Uber Roasted Nut Roll
Finally, there was a pack of Jasmin Seven Fresh Feet Wipes for Kids ($3.32). I'm not sure I really needed foot wipes, but they say they can be used for hands too, so I think that's what I'll use them for. Oddly again, my packing list showed that I should've gotten Honest Kids Juice. I'm glad we got the wipes though. Emily doesn't like most of the food that comes in these boxes anyway.
Jasmin Seven Fresh Feet Wipes for Kids
And I forgot to take a whole box display picture, so sorry about that! Emily was already playing with half the stuff anyway. So, in the end, Emily's last box ended up being a winner. She loved the 3 toys she got and the other 2 items weren't so bad either. It had a value of $38.40.

If you'd like to sign up, please use my referral code: C641FAA7 at the Stork Stack website (I'm not sure I can still get referral credits, but if I can, it'll go towards hopefully a future second kid's box!) We'll both earn $5 Stork bills, which can be applied to the next month's box! If you already get Stork Stack, what did you get? I'd love to hear what different age groups got!

(And just a disclaimer: I bought this box myself and was not compensated for this review in any way. All opinions are my own. I included a referral code, but no referral link.)

No comments:

Post a Comment