Monday, December 2, 2013

Glamour Doll Eyes OTM November 2013 Review

This was my last month on my 3 month subscription with Glamour Doll Eyes. I love their shadows, so I'm really tempted to sign up again, but I know I will be busy Dec. 6th (usually it's the 8th, unless that's a weekend) when the spots open back up, so I'm not sure I'll be able to get back in for December. Anyway, GDE is an eye shadow of the month subscription. I can't remember what 1 month costs (the info is only up when there are open subscriptions spots on the 8th of each month. I think it's $7.), but I got a 3 month subscription for $21, which includes shipping. For that price, Glamour Doll Eyes sends out a 5g pot of a limited edition color mineral eyeshadow of the month, in my case, for 3 months. Subscriptions DO NOT automatically renew and usually sell out pretty fast on subscription day.

Opening the bag
Info card front
Info card back
 I didn't realize it was their 5th birthday this month! That actually ended up meaning we got 2 shadows this month! Woohoo! The first, Cozy Sweater, was described as "a semi matte orange with a yellowish green undertone". What I saw was a light orange with a whiteish sheen. I can see some yellowish tone to it, but I'm having trouble seeing any green. It's a good fall color, but not really one I'll wear a lot, unless it's used sparingly as an accent in a more neutral look. The second color, Surprise!, is described as "a pearl base with multi-colored sparkle". I saw exactly that (although my photo doesn't show the multi-colored sparkle). I really like this one and used it just the other day!
Cozy Sweater and Surprise!
Swatches over primer
As a bonus, we also got a mini pack of Haribo gummy bears (yum!) and a sample of a Moon Rabbit Cosmetics (they appear to be inactive at the moment - maybe a vacation?) perfume oil in Wigilia, which smells just like ginger ale! I like it!
November 2013 Glamour Doll Eyes OTM
Hopefully, the slots will open earlyish on Friday for subscriptions. If so, I may be able to snag a spot. Midday or later, and I'm out of luck. :( Until January that is.


(And just a disclaimer: I bought this myself and was not compensated for this review in any way. All opinions are my own.)

No comments:

Post a Comment