Monday, December 2, 2013

Starlooks November 2013 Review

My Starlooks Starbox came a bit early again in November (I'm just late in writing about it)! For $17.68 per month ($15 for the box, $2.68 for shipping), you get 3-4 full sized items of makeup and usually a smaller bonus item or sample. I love that we get full size items from Starlooks and there's usually at least one item I really like in each box. Sometimes the whole box is awesome. November's theme was Return to Monaco. I forgot to take a picture of the box, so we'll start with the info card.
This was the look featured in this month's "lookbook" online using the included products
Info card
Starting with the biggest item, I first pulled out the 5 Shade Shadow Palette in "Monaco" ($41!). This appears to be new (that's what the note suggests) and isn't even on the site yet. I was a bit surprised to see an eye palette this month when they've already told us December's box will have a big 15 shade eye palette. But, hey, I'll take as many eyeshadows as they want to give me! At first I thought this was a rather bold palette, but really, it's only the one color that's super bold. The rest are really everyday-usable. The palette includes a matte white, shimmery taupe, matte blueish black, matte reddish orange, and a shimmery gold. I'm not a huge fan of matte shadows because I sometimes feel like they can look a bit chalky or blotchy, but these aren't too bad. I only had a little trouble with the white, but white is a color to be used sparingly and as a highlight or lightening base, so coverage is not a huge issue with white. The 2 shimmery colors are really nice! I was surprised with the gold. Usually when I swatch a gold, it looks a bit too bold/garish for my tastes, but this one is actually pretty soft and subtle. I really like it.
Starlooks 5 Shade Shadow Palette in "Monaco"
Better lit shot of the palette
Swatches of the palette colors
The remaining 2 big items went together well - a Slanted Liner Brush #824 ($18) and an Infinity Pot Liner in Orion ($13). I have tons of brushes, but I love to add more to the collection. The Starlooks liner brush works very well. Firm enough to line effectively. The eye liner color is definitely not something I have. It's a bit bold for me - kind of a turquoise blue. Really lovely color, I'm just not sure I can pull it off. It's a long wear liner, though, so if I do wear it, it shouldn't budge!
Slanted Liner Brush #824
First look at the liner - it looked navy at first
And then I dipped the liner brush into it
Swatch of the Infinity Liner
November 2013 Starlooks (I forgot to take a picture of it alone, but that eye pencil sharpener was this month's bonus item)
Once again, I'm happy with my new Starlooks products. The liner is a bit bold and may take some courage to try to wear but I love the palette and the brush. And the total value this month is $72 (maybe $75 with the sharpener), so as usual well over the box price. The one weird thing I noticed this month, and it's totally not a big deal at all, is that I didn't get my monthly tiny crystal! They always stick a little crystal in. Oh well, haha.
Deals (and, oh, I guess I did take a picture of the sharpener!)
Just as a reminder, December's box will have a 15 Shade Shadow Palette in it! $99 value! Based on the looks in the lookbook for next month, I'm guessing it will be either Festival, Bridal Shower, or New Year's Eve (or maybe St. Patty's Day, but I don't think so because it doesn't have black). Here's the look shown:
I see browns and black and maybe something coppery - looks most like the New Year's Eve palette to me. I love the look!
Anyway, if you're interested at all in this sub, really, now's the time to sign up! I think you have until the 10th to sign up to get December's box.

(And just a disclaimer: I bought this box myself and was not compensated for this review in any way. All opinions are my own. I have included referral links.)

No comments:

Post a Comment