Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Relevant Nails November 2013 Review

I stumbled on a new nail polish subscription called Relevant Nails! They said they aren't quite set up to do ongoing subscriptions monthly (automatic billing), so you just have to buy the box month by month (or you can buy 3, 6, or 12 month subscriptions paid upfront), but that actually worked out really well for me since I really wanted to try it without a commitment! For $16, you get 2 full size indie nail polishes! I've gotten to the point in my polish collection that drug store polishes for the most part just doesn't cut it anymore. The colors are too generic! Indie polish is where it's at for uniqueness! I have an Etsy polish wishlist a mile long - there's so much cute stuff out there! According to the Relevant Nails site, this subscription features "Rain City Lacquer, Black Sheep Lacquer, LynBDesigns, Sparkle Nail Lacquer, FLOSS GLOSS and much more!" I liked the selection in their normal shop, so I decided to give the subscription a try.
Opening the box
Bubble wrapped for protection
The first polish I got was Spy Princess Nail Lacquer in the color Money Penny ($8.50). It's a nice orange glitter described as "ultra-micro orange glitter, vibrant orange & holo micro glitter, 2 shades of copper hex glitter and a smattering of iridescent square glitter all in a light orange jelly base". I'm not sure I quite see the light orange jelly base - it seems a bit more clear to me, but I do love all the glitter!
Spy Princess Nail Lacquer in Money Penny
My second polish was Rain City Nail Lacquer in the color Raindrops on Roses ($9.99). I love this one! I actually had a very similar polish in my Etsy wishlist that I can now cross off! It's a cool polish with black and white bars and shreds in a pink base. I didn't really have anything like this with a more creamy base that still has glitter in it.
Rain City Nail Lacquer in Raindrops on Roses
Swatches

Blurred to show sparkliness!
November 2013 Relevant Nails
I really enjoyed this box. If I get any money for Christmas/birthday, I'll definitely pick up at least a 3 month sub with Relevant Nails! I also want to add that their customer service is great - they got back to me super quickly on a question I had. Shipping was also REALLY fast. I didn't exactly know when to expect my box or if they were all shipped out at the same time every month, but it arrived like 2 days after I ordered it. 

If you'd like to sign up, head on over to their page!

(And just a disclaimer: I bought this box myself and was not compensated for this review in any way. All opinions are my own.)

No comments:

Post a Comment