Tuesday, December 17, 2013

November 2013 Jungle Stand Review

November's Jungle Stand was my last Jungle Stand for a while. It's a fun sub, but I wanted to save a bit of money and the food subs were my first pick to at least get paused. Which is actually pretty nice - Jungle Stand let me pause my subscription indefinitely. Super easy, too - I did it online. No people to call, no listening to the spiel about "Well, would you stay if we did this?", just an easy pause button!  Anyway, just as a reminder, The Jungle Stand is a snack sub where for $9.92/month, you get 6 "tastes" (smallish samples) of snacks - usually food that you might not normally come across or buy regularly. November's theme was a game of Taste Match with dried fruit! Yum!
Opening the box
Chris and I tasted this one together! Like October's box, I enjoyed that this month was a game of guess the flavor! I ended up doing well. I have a fairly sensitive palette. Though, to be fair, being able to see the fruit was a dead give away in some cases. I think I still would've been able to guess most, if not all, anyway though. They should've put them in dark bags though! That would keep it a better mystery! I had Chris close his eyes and I popped them in his mouth for him. He ended up getting every single one wrong! He's so bad at guessing flavors! It was funny though.
Hints
Since we're well into December now, I'm not too concerned about spoilers. If you have November's box sitting around and haven't tried it yet, I'm not sure you want to! So, what we got this month was:
1 and 5 - Mangoes. The first one was organic mangoes with no other ingredients. The 5th had sugar and preservatives. I thought they were both pretty tasty and part of the game was to identify the one set of matching fruit and this wasn't hard. These were my favorite tastes. Chris guessed papaya for the first one and coffee bean/pear for the 5th. I have no idea if he was just joking around with the coffee bean guess.
2. Coconut. I'm usually not a huge fan of dried coconut, but these weren't the thin dry pieces that build up in your mouth. These were thick and sweet. I actually liked them. Chris guessed "evil". I'm sure you can guess how he felt about the taste.
3. Kiwi and strawberry - These were also really tasty. And not something you see that often. I've never tried dried kiwi or strawberry! Had I not seen these, these might've been my only challenge to identify. Chris guessed apple and grape.
4. Apple chips - Just like the PopSugar ones I just got. I really wasn't a fan here either. But easy to identify. Chris guessed "eel". <shrug>
6. Pineapple - super easy to identify and super sweet. Chris guessed honeydew.
The food
I like dried fruit, so I liked this box. When I told Chris the theme, he said he was up for it, but I think he must not like dried fruit because he hated pretty much everything I gave him. Oh well.

If you want to sign up, go to The Jungle Stand’s website! If you already get Jungle Stand, what did you think of last month’s tastes?

(And just a disclaimer: I bought this box myself and was not compensated for this review in any way. All opinions are my own.)

No comments:

Post a Comment