Friday, December 20, 2013

Influenster Violet VoxBox

I qualified for another VoxBox recently with Influenster! If you aren't familiar with them, Influenster is a site where you can use social media to give your opinions on a huge variety of things. You can specialize in 5 categories (mine are Beauty, Pop Culture, Fashionista, Sweet Tooth, and Decorator) and your activity level determines when you qualify to try things from a variety of brands. Once you qualify, they send you a box containing items you get to try out for free in exchange for a set of review activities like tweets, Instagram shots, Vines, blog posts, etc.

I was pretty excited to qualify for a larger VoxBox (my first was a single product - it was still a good one though!). The Violet VoxBox included several products from different brands, so it was kind of like getting a subscription box! It seemed to be quite a while between hearing I qualified and getting the box, but that's ok.

Info card
Info card side 2, product info
So, all Violet VoxBoxes included the first 3 items, and select Influensters would get one or more other items. I ended up getting 2 of the bonus items! Yay! My first item was a gray Goody Athletique Headband ($6.00). This headband is adjustable, which is nice because I felt it actually sat pretty securely on my head, unlike any of the twistband style headbands that are popular these days. It's also moisture wicking, which would be great for working out. It's a bit on the thicker side for something I'd wear everyday, but for exercising, sure.
Goody Athletique Ouchless Headwrap
Next was a full size bottle of Sally Hansen Triple Shine nail polish in the color Vanity Flare ($4.99). It's a nice classic purple creme that isn't too like any other polish I have. On the positive side, the result is very nice - very shiny and smooth looking. That's really the most important thing, too. On the negative side, the brush is gigantic and the polish is super thick - those things together equals very hard to use. I'm glad the results were still good though. Funny thing is, I've tried some of the glitters from the Triple Shine line and really didn't have too much trouble with thick polish on those. Maybe it's just the cremes.
Sally Hansen Triple Shine nail polish in Vanity Flare
The last main item everyone who got this box got was a Soyjoy bar ($0.99). Mine was banana. I wasn't a huge fan of this. It was a bit dense and had an odd tang that I don't really associate with banana flavor. I think it was the pineapple or raisins in it. Oh well.
Soyjoy Banana
My first bonus item was a Montagne Jeunesse Red Earth Clay Spa Mask ($2.49). This was really interesting. I'm pretty sure I've tried this brand before and it was just a bunch of stuff you smeared on your face - a typical mask. These new ones are bamboo masks that are infused with clay. Much less messy! Once on, it's a typical mask - leave it on 10-15 min, remove, etc. I was actually pretty pleased with this!
Montagne Jeunesse Red Earth Clay Spa Mask
My other bonus item (and last item) was a travel size Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Refreshing Dry Shampoo ($5.99). I'm a mom. Dry shampoo is a wonderful thing for moms. I was very happy to get this. It seems to work about as well as some of the other ones I've tried and has a bit less residue than other brands, which is nice. The scent is a little weird, but it doesn't really seem to linger too long.
Not your Mother's Clean Freak Refreshing Dry Shampoo
Violet VoxBox
I was pretty thrilled to get to try all of this for free. I got at least a few items I liked and will use again!

If you're interested in joining Influenster, the link at the top of the post will take you to their page, or if you think you'll really stick with it, I'd be happy to share one of my 5 invites! Just leave me a message in the comments and I'll give you the details!

(This box was provided to me for free from Influenster in exchange for a review of the products I got. As always, my opinions are 100% my own and honest. No other compensation was received.)

No comments:

Post a Comment