Saturday, October 12, 2013

Glossybox September 2013 Review

Two more boxes for September! Jeez, you go on vacation and these don't just write themselves while you're gone? :P

After being a member with Glossybox for a while - I think my first box was some time in the summer of 2012 - I finally amassed enough Glossydots (reward points you get for reviewing your products or referring people) to get a free box!! And what a free box it was. The theme for September was "All you need for fall".
Opening the box
Info card
Glossybox had sent, I think, 2 product reveals prior to shipping, so I knew it would be pretty good before it even came. The first big product was a FULL SIZE Nioxin Diamax hair treatment ($50!). (Ok, so technically, full size is 3.4 oz, while ours says 3.38 oz, so they seem to be slightly different bottles, but for all intents and purposes, it's full size.). I'm pretty thrilled with such a highly priced full item. And though I haven't had a chance to try it yet, it sounds like something I'd like. You add it to damp hair and it gives you fuller, stronger hair! My hair is very long, but can tend to be a bit flat after, well, flat ironing it. I'm hoping with this, it'll be a bit fuller even after flat ironing.
Nioxin Diamax Hair Treatment
Next up was a large sample of BCBGMAXAZRIA Bon Genre perfume. The amount isn't marked and I'm usually pretty terrible at estimating amounts, but based on some of my other marked perfumes in a similar shape, I'd guess this is about .5 oz, so this is valued at approximately $11.03. I'm usually somewhat wary of perfume samples, especially designer ones. I love simpler indie ones, but I'm just not a designer perfume wearer. They just tend to smell too fancy for me, haha. However, this one smells pretty good! I'll actually use it! The description lists lychee, red berries, black pepper, bergamot, jasmine noir, tuberose, cardamom, tiger-lily, amber, Australian sandalwood, patchouli, and black vanilla. I know I like vanilla, but I can't really put my finger on what I specifically like in this scent. I do really like that it's not your typical subscription box teeny perfume sample - especially since it's a scent I like!
BCBGMAXAZRIA Bon Genre perfume sample
 My next item was a full size Oceane Makeup Remover Pen ($5.30). I'm not entirely sure of that value. I have no idea where that site is from and don't recognize $R as a currency - based on the .br in the address, I guessed Brazil and when I converted 8,58 to US currency, it was $3.93. But, since I'm not sure I'm right even about origin, we'll stick with the Glossybox value. Anyway, I'm super excited about this product. You use it to erase little mistakes as you put on makeup. This will make it much easier to get rid of under-eye shadow fallout smudges, weird eyeliner mistakes, and mascara smudges! Love it!
Oceane Makeup Remover Pen
Next was a really nice Emite Makeup eyelash curler ($30.89). I have a small plastic travel eyelash curler that I got from Julep as a bonus in one of my first few months, but I haven't had a real eyelash curler in ages. I don't even know what happened to the one cheap one I had. But this one doesn't feel cheap at all! It's really sturdy and feels nice in my hands. And it comes with replacement rubber pieces. This is another huge hit with me. Love it!
Emite Makeup eyelash curler
The last item was a full size Be a Bombshell eyeliner pen in Onyx ($14). As I noted in September's Lip Factory post, where I got one of these in Amethyst, I already have this in this exact color. But I do like it, so I don't mind having this as a backup. It's not my favorite liquid eyeliner, since it tends to take a few sweeps to get the darkness I like, but it's easy to use.
Be a Bombshell eyeliner pen in Onyx
Swatch of my previously opened Be a Bombshell eyeliner pen in Onyx
September 2013 Glossybox
I am SOO happy with this Glossybox. Even more so that this was my free reward box! All these full size products, with a value of $111.22 for free! I like everything in it. Awesome.

If you get Glossybox, did you get anything different? I'm not sure that there was any variation in September - maybe the Be a Bombshell product? If you'd like to sign up, here's my link. If anyone signs up with my link, I get 200 Glossydots, which I'd be super thankful for! Again, the link at the top is a non-referral link if you'd prefer.

(And just a disclaimer: I bought this box myself and was not compensated for this review in any way. All opinions are my own. The final link is a referral link, but I also included a non-referral link at the top.)

No comments:

Post a Comment