Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Wantable October 2013 Review

As usual, just before the end of the month, the following month's Wantable arrives! I was on vacation at that time and had my mail held, so I didn't get this until after we got back. I love Wantable so much. It's my favorite subscription. For $36/month (or $40 if you just want to buy a single box without a subscriptions), you get 4-6 full size premium makeup products (they also have a jewelry subscription and a new intimates subscription if either of those is your thing - it's not mine). When you sign up, you fill out a quiz that has you rate different makeup types (like lipstick, blush, and eyeshadow) as love, like, or dislike and within those categories, you rate things like application type (like cream vs. powder blush) and colors (like neutral vs. brights). Things that you rate as dislike, you will never get in your box, while things you love are more likely to show up than things you like.
Opening the box
Info sheet (and an ad for their Halloween box - I don't really go all out for Halloween, so I didn't order one)
Like always, we got a little sample product in addition to our normal products. This month, it was a foil packet of Skiin Soothing and Smoothing eye cream. I'm a bit disappointed in the size. I've never gotten a foil packet from Wantable. Usually, it's a small vial or trial bottle. I will try it, but like all foil packets, it will be very difficult to tell if it works based on one tiny application. It is a bonus product though, so at least it doesn't count towards the box's value.
Bonus product - Skiin Soothing and Smoothing eye cream
My first real product was a Michael Marcus Eyeshadow in a refillable compact in the color Uptight ($24). I think this may actually be $23 - it's $18 for an eyeshadow color and an extra $5 for the compact. I do love that you can swap the colors out though! That's pretty cool! I may end up doing that because I'm not terribly wild on the color I got. Uptight is a darkish nude. It was hard to picture in the swatch, but I fear it may just make me look like I have dark circles or a bruised eye since it's slightly darker than my skin color.
Michael Marcus Refillable eyeshadow compact with the color Uptight
Also from Michael Marcus, I got an eyeliner in the color Midnight ($20). I like this! It went on fairly smooth (though I've used smoother) and it's a dark enough blue to use anytime for a slightly different look than black. I also love the packaging - the shiny silver cap and the brand written all over - it's cool.
Michael Marcus eyeliner in Midnight
My next product was a Beauty For Real Miracle Mascara in very black ($23). I have high hopes for this. It's supposed to be nourishing and long lasting (resistant to oil, sweat, and tears). Hopefully, it also has a good volumizing or lengthening result. I love the packaging on this as well. The mirror and light-up lid (isn't that so cool??) are super helpful if you take it out with you (not that I'd reapply at a dinner table or something).
Beauty For Real Miracle Mascara
My last product for the month was a Manna Kadar Trans-fix Liquid Transformer ($19). I think this was the item I was most excited about this month. It's pretty cool. It's a clear liquid that you can dip into any powder product to make it an eyeliner! Makes for a lot more color possibilities with all the eyeshadow I have.
Manna Kadar Trans-fix
Swatches of (L to R): Michael Marcus eyeliner in Midnight (the blue is very faint) and Michael Marcus eyeshadow in Uptight (barely visible just above it, the darker patch)
October 2013 Wantable box
I'm pretty happy with this box. The eyeshadow is looking kind of like a bust, but I won't know for sure until I actually try it on my eyes. Everything else is great though! The box had a value of $85, which, although not the priciest I've gotten from them, is still more than twice what I paid!

If you are interested in signing up for this awesome subscription, here's my link! As usual, if you prefer not to use my referral link (though, I'd REALLY love it if you did!), there's a non-referral link up top. If you get Wantable, what kind of awesome stuff did you get this month?
 

(And just a disclaimer: I bought this box myself and was not compensated for this review in any way. All opinions are my own. The final link is a referral link, but I also included a non-referral link at the top.)

No comments:

Post a Comment