Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Naturebox September 2013 Review

After really enjoying most of my first Naturebox, I was really looking foward to this month's box! For my second month of Naturebox, I got to choose my own snacks using their new online selection tool! For $19.95 a month, you get 5 bags of healthy snacks (they seem to range from 2-5 servings each - though mine are lasting me longer than that even!). They are "made from the most wholesome ingredients and will be minimally processed, if at all" according to Naturebox. The selection process was very easy, although 4 or 5 snacks were totally out of stock, which was a little sad. There were still a ton of choices, though, and I was able to easily choose my 5. My box arrived a bit earlier in the month.
Opening the box
There isn't really an info card that explains what you got - just the general "how this box works" card sitting on top there in the box.

This month, the snacks I chose were:
  • Everything Bagel Stix - Sesame sticks with poppy seeds, garlic, and onion. I thought these were pretty good! I love sesame sticks. These weren't too strong, like everything bagels can sometimes be, but had enough flavor to be tasty. 5 servings listed, but still going strong with little snack sessions.
Everything Bagel Stix
  •  Salted Caramel Pretzel Pops - Sea salt and caramel coated pretzels. New this month, I think. These are good, but not great. I definitely taste the sea salt, caramel, and pretzels, so I'm not entirely sure what it is I don't love (I normally love sea salt caramels). 4.5 servings, but I tend to only eat 4-5 pops at a time, so these'll last a while.
Salted Caramel Pretzel Pops
  •  Sunshine Chips - Mixed veggie chips with sea salt. I usually love terra chips and stuff like that, but I'm not in love with these. They're way too sweet and not salty enough. The addition of the dried green beans is interesting, but again, they're just so sweet. Meh. 4 servings.
Sunshine Chips
  •  Whole Wheat Blueberry Figgy Bars - Slightly larger and a tad heartier fig newtons. I loved these! My favorite of the new snacks I tried this month. Really tasty. I think I'm going to try the raspberry ones next month! They come individually packaged inside the bag, so this one is definitely correct at 5 servings.
Whole Wheat Blueberry Figgy Bars
  •  Granny Smith Apples - Chewy dried apple slices. I loved these from the PopSugar box and I still love them now! There's just something satisfying about gnawing on them. 2 servings - I think I stretched this to 4 or 5. First bag done. 
September 2013 Naturebox
I'm still loving this box and trying new snacks! I'm really happy they started up the choice system because although I may not love everything I choose, at least I can make sure I try things that look best to me and avoid things that I know I won't like. I'm even adding on a couple extra snacks next month (added on $8 for 3 extra snacks) because I couldn't choose! Technically, I could add on another 2 snacks for $3 more (each additional snack seems to cost a little less), so I might just do that. Yum!

If you'd like to sign up, please use my link to get 50% off your first box! If you already get Naturebox, what did you choose this month? What are some of your favorite snacks? Any must tries?

(And just a disclaimer: I bought this box myself and was not compensated for this review in any way. All opinions are my own. The final link is a referral link, but I also included a non-referral link at the top.)

No comments:

Post a Comment