Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Brazen Friends With Benefits October 2013 Review

After loving my first month of Brazen's Friends With Benefits, I definitely wanted to keep the subscription and looked forward to getting it this month! They have 3 levels of subscription that vary in what you get:
1. Silver ($10 if you sign up now, $15 once they hit 100 subs) - 3 g pot of limited edition or unreleased shadow, 3 g pot of limited edition or unreleased lipgloss, 2-3 samples of various products, and some ordering rewards, early access to sales and a 10% discount on their site.
2. Gold ($15 if you sign up now, $20 once they hit 100 subs) - Everything in silver plus a full sized lip gloss and 15% off on their site.
3. Platinum ($20 if you sign up now, $25 once they hit 100 subs) - Everything in silver and gold plus a full sized eye shadow and 20% off on their site.
After some complaints last month about the size of the samples, Brazen announced they were doing away with the baggies and instead using 3 g jars. I couldn't wait to see what we got this month!
Opening the bag - what a cute bag!
Info card - we didn't get one last month, so this is a nice addition
Silly little bonus items. Emily likes them!
So, this month in the silver level of the subscription, I got 4 products, all of which looked to be packaged in 3 g pots. I wonder if there will always be 4 similarly sized items now that they're onto pots instead of baggies. Like the info card shows, I got:
  • Caramel Apple Whipped Lip Butter - I'm not sure how well it matched the description, since it's more like a balm (hard rather than looser like a body butter), but it smells great and feels nice on (and it's colorless)! Plus, I love the packaging!
Brazen Caramel Apple Whipped Lip Butter
  •  Lipgloss in Flim Flam - Shimmery and pearlescent as described. If I apply this very thin, it's very pretty! Too thick and it starts to get too opaque and white.
Brazen Lipgloss in Flim Flam
  •  Eye shadow in Mysterioso - Pretty much like described above, it's a shimmery dark purple with a subtle pinkish/reddish sheen. I love purple, so I love it!
Brazen eye shadow in Mysterioso
  •  Eye shadow in Abracadabra - Medium purple with strong aqua sheen. So pretty!
Brazen eye shadow in Abracadabra
Swatches This one is mostly for the lip products (I wasn't satisfied with the shadow swatches, so I redid them). So, on the bottom, I have 2 swatches of the Flim Flam lip gloss - thin on the left and thick on the right.
Shadow swatches. Top is Mysterioso and bottom is Abracadabra. I think you can see the color better in this shot than the one above.
Brazen Friends With Benefits October 2013
I'm really happy with this subscription again. Everything was great this month and will be used! Hopefully, the larger sized samples makes people happy. There are fewer things overall (4 this month vs. 6 last month), but it still fits in with the description of the subscription, so hopefully no one will be upset about that. I'm not. I was happy before, so the bigger sizes are just a plus for me.

I suppose if there was one thing I like a little less with this set up, it's that it's perfectly balanced with lip and eye products.  Last month had a bunch of shadow shades and only 1 lip product. I liked having more eye stuff than lip - if we're sticking with 4 products now, I'd like to see 3 eye, 1 lip. Maybe it wouldn't have always been so skewed towards eye even with the baggies though. But, even as someone who doesn't love lip products, I loved the lip butter and I liked the lip gloss choice this month, so I'm still happy. If we get a month where it's red and purple lip glosses, well, maybe that won't be so great, but again, with subscriptions, you never know what you'll get and that's part of the fun. And I'm almost guaranteed to love whatever color eye shadow they send. I'm not sure I've ever tried a mineral eye shadow I didn't like. I am a bit more drawn to the sparkly ones as opposed to matte, but they've all been pretty great. Neutrals, bolds, whatever - gimme!

Anyway, if you got Brazen's Friends with Benefits this month, did you like it? Did you get anything different or did you get a different level? If you're interested in signing up, I think they're still offering the lower prices (though I'm not 100% sure - I know their Facebook page said there were only a few of the higher level ones left at that price about a week ago. The page still advertises the lower prices though.), so head on over to their site.

(And just a disclaimer: I bought this box myself and was not compensated for this review in any way. All opinions are my own.)

No comments:

Post a Comment