Friday, October 25, 2013

Friday iPhone Dump

Fridayiphonedump



I’m linking up with Jen over at Ramblings of a Suburban Mom for Friday iPhone Dump today! I've never tried a link up, but this one seemed like an easier one to start off with since I definitely have pictures on my iPhone ready to go! Hopefully, I did this right with the button and all (if not, please let me know!). Anyway, here's some of my favorite pictures from the past week!

First up, we have this. That's our TV remote that I had been hunting for for a week! I knew Emily was playing with it around the last time I saw it, but when I asked her, she couldn't remember where it was. She's usually pretty good at remembering where she left stuff. I don't even know what made me think to look here, but there it is! In her bike bucket. 

Aha!
Last weekend, it was sooo gorgeous out. Like low to mid-70s, sunny, perfect weather. We had plans to go to the pumpkin patch, but apparently everyone else did too, and by the time we got there in the early afternoon, there was at least an hour long line just to get into the parking lot, and then rumors of another hour to wait for tickets to get in, so we changed our plans and went to the park both days, which Emily loved.
Emily getting pushed on the swings by her Nana
Chris and Granddaddy on the big kid swings
Slide time!
Sitting in a tree!
Yesterday, we did our usual Thursday night activity - Chick Fila! We go Thursdays because Jingles is there doing balloon animals and face/arm paintings. Emily has always gotten a balloon (we've seen quite a few tigers and giraffes), but last week, when Jingles was out, the lady who was there in her place only did paintings, so Emily decided she's into paintings now. Last week was butterflies and this week, since she had gone to the zoo with Nana and Granddaddy earlier in the day, she wanted a giraffe (they're probably her favorite animal). When we got home, she asked if we could take a picture of it while she posed with our cat, Buffy - entirely her idea.
Emily and Buffy
Today, we made a short stop at Walmart because I needed to pick up some last minute Halloween decorations because I somewhat unknowingly signed up to decorate my car trunk for tonight's Trunk or Treat at her school. I don't mind at all and I was already planning to bring candy to help out, I just thought the sign up was to say we were coming, not that I would decorate my car. Whoops! Anyway, on the way out, Emily really wanted to ride Dumbo. Based on her super happy reaction, you'd never guess she'd actually been on the real thing less than a month ago! Her excitement was adorable.
Walmart Dumbo
And then at home, continuing her new behavior of requesting posed pictures, she asked if I could take a picture of her with one of the spiders I hung up on one of our trees outside. Ok, then.
Emily and her spider pal
So, that's this week in pictures. Next week should be fun with all the stuff we have planned - another much earlier attempt at the pumpkin patch, the Renaissance festival (I may regret both of those in one weekend with no naps), tonight's Trunk or Treat, and real trick or treating next Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment