Friday, October 18, 2013

Stork Stack October 2013 Review

Well, after cancelling Stork Stack in favor of Citrus Lane a month or so ago because Stork Stack only goes up to 3 years, I decided I kind of missed it and just bit the bullet and bought a 3 month subscription to last Emily up to her 3rd birthday in December. Then we'll cancel for real (only because of the age thing - it's a good box!). But why not enjoy it till then?

Stork Stack is a subscription for kids ages 0 -3 (Emily will be 3 in December). For $27.99, you get 4 age-appropriate items for your child and one item for mom or dad. It's nice that they add in an item for parents, but I have my own subscriptions, so I'd kind of rather they make it 5 things for kids. October's theme was "Fun With Five Senses".
Emily getting ready to open her box!
Digging in!
First peek
The first item Emily pulled out was the little green plush ball. Turns out it's a North American Bear Company Topsy Turvy Pet (basically a Popple for those of you old enough to remember them - I had a few!) ($12). It's an egg that turns inside out to reveal an animal. I'm not sure if they sent out different varieties, but Emily was pretty happy with the bunny she got! I find it a little odd it's an EGG with a bunny inside (the other 2 varieties are at least birds), but hey, whatever. The first thing she did when I popped it inside out for her was sniff the bunny's nose, which she does with all bunny stuffed animals. I guess she does it with most stuffed animals, actually. It's funny. I also find it odd we got North American Bear Company from both Citrus Lane and Stork Stack this month. They've had quite a few similar months - I wonder why that is.
What's this thing?
North American Bear Company Topsy Turvy Pet - Egg side
North American Bear Company Topsy Turvy Pet - Bunny side
Sniff sniff
Next up was a small packet of My Super Snack Granola Bites in apple raisin ($2.45). As usual, we opened them right up and both tried one. I thought they were ok. A little weird that they were soft and a little tart. This is Emily's reaction:
Bleeeeeh!
My Super Snack Granola Bites in apple raisin
Then, Emily noticed the big item in the box: a P'kolino Puzzle Stacker Mini ($24.99 retail, $17.23 on Amazon). I had seen a spoiler with this in it earlier in the week and was kind of hoping we didn't get it. I know this box only goes up to 3, so this was the top age toy there was, and technically the site says 1-3, but I REALLY think this is more for the 1-2 crowd. Emily took this apart and put it back together really quickly and then kind of looked at it like, "Well. I guess that's done.". I think she's played with it 3 times since it arrived, which is more than I expected, honestly. It's been sitting in the playroom untouched for the past week though. I guess we'll see how long it lasts attention-wise.

Take it apart
Put it back together
Now what?
The last toddler item was a full size Weleda Calendula Weather Protection Cream ($12). I'm not sure it really gets cold enough here to necessitate cold/wind exposure protection creams, but Emily does have sensitive skin, so I suppose we can keep it around just in case? Or if we go up to NJ to visit my family during cold months.
Weleda Calendula Weather Protection Cream
The last item, the "mom item" was a mini Larabar in the flavor apple pie ($0.80). I had never tried one of these, but had heard of them. I thought it was ok. Probably not something I'll buy again though. It smelled sweeter than it tasted. It had kind of a weird tang to it that, oddly, made my mouth burn a little bit, like it was spicy. Weird.
Apple pie Larabar
Stork Stack October 2013
I don't regret getting the 3 month sub to last until Emily's birthday because she did enjoy the bunny pet and the stacker. The food items are always hit and miss and they're a low value, so I don't really mind that they were miss this time. The cream is nice, but not terribly useful to us, so I may keep it around as a gift to someone with a littler baby or just see if we ever need it. The overall value of this box was about $44.48 (using the Amazon price for the stacker), so it's certainly not a bad value.

If you'd like to sign up, please use my referral code: C641FAA7 at the Stork Stack website. We'll both earn $10 Stork bills, which can be applied to the next month's box! If you already get Stork Stack, what did you get? I'd love to hear what different age groups got!

(And just a disclaimer: I bought this box myself and was not compensated for this review in any way. All opinions are my own. I included a referral code, but no referral link.)


No comments:

Post a Comment