Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Naturebox October/November 2013 Review

I'm a bit mixed up on which month this box is for. I labeled my last post September, but I could've sworn this one was November and it came at the beginning of the month, so I think maybe Septeber was actually October and this is November's box. Anyway...

So, if you recall from my last month with Naturebox, I had been contemplating ordering some add-on snacks this month in addition to my regular 5. The first 2 are $3 each, the 3rd and 4th are $2 each, and the 5th is $1. I ended up going for it, haha! However, I also put my subscription on hold for the holiday season to tighten up my budget a bit for Christmas, so at least I'm set for a while!
Big box for 10 snacks!
Packing list/ info sheet
From the top:
1. Dried Pears - I love the dried granny smith apples, so I wanted to try out the pears and they don't disappoint either! I love them! They're really chewy and I just find it satisfying to sit and gnaw at them at my desk for some reason, haha. My only complaint with these is that the core is more or less included in the slices. There aren't seeds, but the hard parts around the seed is there, so I end up chucking small parts of about half of the pieces. It's only like a bite's worth, so it's not a huge waste, but I kind of wonder why they don't just core them like the granny smith apples. (3 servings listed)
2. Fancy Dried Figs - I just really like dried fruit. I find these yummy on their own and sliced up in yogurt or on salads. Or ooh, I bet they'd be great with some soft cheese, like brie! Yum! (3 servings listed)
3. Masa Crisps - I can't find these on the site anymore, oddly, but they're corn chips with flax seeds. I find them pretty tasty. Comparable to most corn chips, but the flax seeds add a bit more nutrition. Salty and yummy on their own, but the package recommends pairing them with hummus, which sounds great! (4.5 servings listed)
4. Garden Tomato Crunchies - Almonds coated in a tomato powder (with some other flavors mixed in). These are tasty! Crunchy and a small amount is satisfying. (4 servings listed, but I know they'll last longer)
5. Pistachio Power Clusters - I also can't find these on the site anymore, but they're "nut squares with almonds, cashews, and pistachios". I actually taste the cashews more than the pistachios, which bummed me out a bit because I like pistachios better. They're not bad though. Sweet and salty. (3 servings listed)
6. Toasted Cheddar Sticks - Cheddar flavored sesame sticks. I like sesame sticks and the cheddar flavor seems fairly true as opposed to, like, a Cheetohs flavor. They're pretty good, and my last sesame stick snack lasted me a long time, so I expect this to last a while too. (4 servings listed, but again, I think it'll last much longer)
7. Peanut Butter Nom Noms - I had heard great things about these and they were out of stock for the first box I got to choose my snacks for, so I snapped these up when I saw they were available this time. Sadly, I'm not in love with them. I don't really taste much of the peanut butter. They're just kind of dense oat cookies with a strong fruit flavor (there are raisins as well as fruit juice in the ingredients). Meh. Each serving is 1 piece and there are 4 cookies in a bag. (4 servings)
8. Whole Wheat Raspberry Figgy Bars - I had tried the blueberry figgy bars last time and enjoyed them, so I figured I'd try the raspberry ones this month. They're similarly satisfying, but I think I prefer the blueberry flavor slightly over the raspberry. Each bar is individually wrapped, which is nice to keep the bars from getting stale. (5 servings)
9. Mango Almond Bites - These are mango and crispy rice squares. One of the reviews from, I think, one of the other flavors of these rice bites had compared them to rice crispy treats and this flavor had the most good reviews so far, so I went with this one. They're good, but I wouldn't say they're terribly close to rice crispy treats. They actually taste more like Honey Smacks (do they even still sell that?) to me. That kind of puffed rice and they're fairly dry, so definitely no comparable moisture to rice crispy treat marshmallow. Good enough, but not quite what I was expecting. (4 servings)
10. Italian Bistro Pretzels - Pizza flavored pretzels. Oh man, these are good. Very strong flavor, but yummy!! These are probably tied for my favorite with the pears. So good. (5 servings)
Again, a pretty great box of snacks. And one that will last me a while! If you'd like to sign up, please use my link to get 50% off your first box! If you already get Naturebox, what did you choose this month? What are some of your favorite snacks? Any must tries?


(And just a disclaimer: I bought this box myself and was not compensated for this review in any way. All opinions are my own. I have included referral links.)

No comments:

Post a Comment