Friday, November 15, 2013

Graze November 2013 Review


Graze is a snack service that is either monthly or biweekly, depending on how often you want it, and for $6 a box you get 4 one-serving healthy snacks.You don't get to pick your snacks with this box like you do with Naturebox, but you can rate everything on their list (over 90 snack choices) as Trash (you'll never get it), Try (happy to try), Like (send occasionally), and Love (send regularly), so you do get at least some customization to your tastes. I recently got my second box.
Opening the box
I had peeked on the site ahead of time and looked on my page of "snacks you've had recently", so I knew what was coming. Based on my original guess ratings, this box contained 2 likes and 2 tries. I got:
1. Scrumptious Blueberry Swirl - A combo of dried blackcurrants, raspberry infused cranberries, and blueberry yogurt raisins. I found it a little odd there were no actual blueberries in it, but maybe they dry too small? Anyway, I liked the yogurt raisins, but the rest of the dried fruit was a little too sour and a little too hard for me. This started a "try" and ended a "try".
2. The Cheese Board - A combo of cheese cashews, baked herb bites, and salsa corn sticks. This was my least favorite in the box. I didn't even finish it. The cashews were too sweet and the baked herb bites had the flavor of the asian snacks I don't like (maybe they're rice crackers?). I just wasn't a fan of this. It started a "try" and ended a "trash".
3. Honeycomb Crunch - Milk chocolate covered honeycomb, raisins and almonds. The raisins and almonds were plain raisins and almonds. I actually ate all those first. In these kinds of mixes, where there's a clear yummy part, I just can't help but save the yummy part for last. I don't think I even tried all 3 parts of this mix together to see what it might taste like. The chocolate covered honeycomb was good. This started a "like" and ended a "like".
4. Honeycomb Flapjack - Rolled oat bar with honeycomb and milk chocolate. These were really good! They actually reminded me a lot of a drier baklava, which I love! Definitely my favorite of the box! These started out a "like" and ended up a "love".
In the end, I was pretty happy with this box. Again there was one really good snack (although I'd still say that apples and caramel were even better than the flapjacks here). I do like this subscription, but again, with the holidays coming up, something had to go and my food subs were the easiest choice. I do have the option from Graze to start my sub back up before the end of the year without losing my place which is nice, but I'm not sure I'll be ready to resubscribe by then. I'll have to think about it for next year and I guess if I want it again, I'll just have to find another invite code.

If you'd like to sign up, I do have 4 invite codes I think I can still give out, but I want to make sure whoever gets them will use it (because there's only 4), so if you'd like one, please just leave me a reply here and I'll email it to you! My code will not only get you in, but it'll also get you your 1st and 5th box free!


(And just a disclaimer: I bought this box myself and was not compensated for this review in any way. All opinions are my own.)

No comments:

Post a Comment