Thursday, November 14, 2013

Phone Case of the Month November 2013 Review

I recently learned about Phone Case of the Month, a subscription for iPhone users (4, 4s, 5, and 5s). I've been using the same case for almost a year now (a Tardis case), so I decided it was time to mix things up! For $10 a month (which is a pretty great deal for a phone case! Most places you have to spend at least $25!), you get a new limited edition case (only 200 of each print are made) - they are hard cases "made of Poly Carbonate and ABS (Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene) with a silicone coating for a soft to the touch feel".
Welcome note and case in a case!
I'm not sure if they all come with the little carry bag, but it's cute. Reminds me a lot of Stunner of the Month's bag. I wonder if they're operated by the same people...Anyway, upon opening my bag, I found:
It's a Nerd Life case
It's an interesting case. Emily thinks it's cute! If the robots didn't look so clownish, I think I'd like it a bit better, but it's still fun! I like the colors and how the case feels. I do still kind of wish it wrapped around the front of the iPhone - that just feels like it protects the front glass much better to me - but I'll still try this out. I'd bet if they upgraded to the type that wraps around the front, it would have to increase prices slightly. I suppose we'll see if they ever offer any different options. Anyway, I also found a little Phone Case of the Month button in the bag. Another cute little bonus.
October 2013 Phone Case of the Month
I think I may stick around another month or 2 just to get a feel for their variety (it's cheap enough that I don't think it's necessarily affecting the holiday budget!). I do like some of the cases shown in the front page of the site, like most of the light blue ones I see there), so hopefully I'll like next month's a bit better. I do find it a bit odd that a) not everyone who gets this sub got the same case this month and b) both of the cases I've seen as possibilities this month were on the front page of the site. Everyone not getting the same case makes sense if they have a huge membership base (anything over 200), but sending cases that are displayed on their advertising page makes it look like the opposite - that this sub is just very new and they're still at low membership numbers while still working through the initial batch of cases they made for the sub (those pictured on the front page). Otherwise, I'd question the 200 case limited edition bit. Based on the quick customer service though, my guess is that this is probably new and/or not hugely popular yet. That's not to say they won't be, though!

If you'd like to sign up for this fun subscription, go sign up! If you use my link, you'll get $5 off your first month! Please just let me know if you have any trouble with that.

(And just a disclaimer: I bought this box myself and was not compensated for this review in any way. All opinions are my own. I have included referral links.)

No comments:

Post a Comment