Friday, September 6, 2013

Wantable September 2013 Review

The end of the month always means Wantable is arriving! I love Wantable so much. It's my favorite subscription. For $36/month (or $40 if you just want to buy a single box without a subscriptions), you get 4-6 full size premium makeup products (they also have a jewelry subscription and a new intimates subscription if either of those is your thing - it's not mine). When you sign up, you fill out a quiz that has you rate different makeup types (like lipstick, blush, and eyeshadow) as love, like, or dislike and within those categories, you rate things like application type (like cream vs. powder blush) and colors (like neutral vs. brights). Things that you rate as dislike, you will never get in your box, while things you love are more likely to show up than things you like.
Opening the box
Right off the bat, I noticed they had changed their packaging. It used to be a gigantic handful of those little squiggly confetti things along with all your products in a black paper bag, taped closed, with whatever the bonus of the month usually loose outside the bag. This month, everything was loose, but it was wedged between 2 slabs of foam. I'm not sure how I feel about the change. On the one hand, it makes much less of a mess unpacking my box. On the other hand, I'm not entirely sure if this foam is recyclable. I looked it up and it looks like it is, but it has to be sent to special facilities, as in you have to ship it there yourself. :/ Hopefully, I'm wrong.
Info sheet
Under my info sheet, but on top of the foam, was my monthly bonus item, a sample pack of Frownies Eye Gels ($10). I believe I actually have the Rose Water Hydrator Spray from a different sub box a while back, but I can't remember if it came with another set of these or not. Clearly, it left an impression, haha! I'll probably try these out, but I'm pretty sure I tried a brow product of theirs that did nothing, so I'm not holding my breath for amazing results.

Frownies Eye Gels
After I removed the top layer of foam
My first product was a tube of Be A Bombshell Mascara in Onyx ($15). It looks like this is their only mascara product. I haven't tried this one out yet, but I love getting new mascaras, so hopefully it'll work out. Sadly, the one I got last month, the Besame 1930s mascara wasn't all I'd hoped it would be based on the lovely packaging and scent - it was just too natural a result and I like big lashes. This one says volumizing, so hopefully it is!
Be a Bombshell Mascara in Onyx
Next up, a brand I'm familiar with thanks to Wantable, was a Swagger Cosmetics Highlighting Powder in Golden Rose ($14.50). I don't mind at all getting this brand again. I'd happily try out each and every one of their colors. This one was so lovely! It looked simply dark gold in the jar, but swatched out, it's a gorgeous pink with a high gold sheen. I love it!
Swagger Cosmetics Highlighting Powder in Golden Rose
Better view of the color in the jar (swatch near the end of the post)
My next product was an Au Naturale Cosmetics Eye Pencil in Meadow ($18). I got this brand last month as well, and again, I'm a bit disappointed in the wasteful size of the box for this. But, the color is pretty - a nice dark green. It's not the smoothest pencil I've ever used (like the Urban Decay ones), but it's not the worst either.
Au Naturale Eye Pencil in Meadow
Next, was a Be A Bombshell Eyeshadow in Bright Eyes ($14). While I love eyeshadow, this is not the first color I would have chosen. Or the 5th... It's described as gold, but it's kind of a dirty, old looking gold. I'll have to play with it and mix it with better colors and maybe it won't turn out so bad in use.
Be A Bombshell Eyeshadow in Bright Eyes
My last product was a Lise Watier Quatour Eyeshadow Quartet in Champagne & Chocolate ($32). I'm pretty happy with this one. It's a big product that seems very high quality. The colors are pretty, very smooth, and look nice together. There were perhaps a few more exciting color options, but I have a lot of exciting colors, so it's not so bad to have a nice basic set.
Lise Watier Quatour Eyeshadow Quartet in Champagne & Chocolate
L to R: Be a Bombshell Eyeshadow in Bright Eyes, Swagger Cosmetics Highlighting Powder in Golden Rose (I sadly couldn't capture the pretty sheen in a photo), and Au Naturale Eye Pencil in Meadow
Swatches of the Lise Watier Quatour Eyeshadow Quartet
September 2013 Wantable box
Again, I'm quite happy with my Wantable box. I'd say I liked everything but possibly the Be A Bombshell eyeshadow. The total value of this box was $103.50, which is huge! Even without the sample product, which they value at $0 on the list, it's still almost 3x what the box costs.

If you are interested in signing up for this awesome subscription, here's my link! As usual, if you prefer not to use my referral link (though, I'd REALLY love it if you did!), there's a non-referral link up top. If you get Wantable, what kind of awesome stuff did you get this month?
 

(And just a disclaimer: I bought this box myself and was not compensated for this review in any way. All opinions are my own. The final link is a referral link, but I also included a non-referral link at the top.)

No comments:

Post a Comment