Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Citrus Lane August 2013 Review

Here I am, getting behind again! Whoops! Well, I have a bit more time now, since Emily just started school today. Excuse me while I sob while writing this. My baby!

Anyway, near the end of the month, Citrus Lane arrived! Emily was excited as usual to see her box! For $25 a month (or $21 a month if you sign up for a 6 month subscription – I’m considering this), you get 4+ items selected for your child’s age (they offer boxes up to 5 years old). You usually get a mixture of useful things (like toothpaste, sunscreen, food items, etc) and toys or books.
Digging right in!
Opening the box
Info card
The first thing I saw was a card for a free outfit from FabKids. I'm torn on this. It is a free outfit, but I hear FabKids is really hard to discontinue (it's another sub) - as in, they keep charging you even after you've cancelled. And I really don't want to pay $40 a month for one outfit. The outfits just aren't cute enough. I did find one that I might buy, but I'd need to get a prepaid card with like $5 on it to set up the account so it doesn't matter if I cancel and they keep trying to charge it. It does expire soon though, so I'll need to do that quickly. I believe I still need to pay shipping, so I don't think I'll add this into the box's value.
FabKids free outfit offer
The first real item was a snack bag of Annie's Cheddar Bunnies (~$0.50). We actually have a box of these in our pantry, so these aren't new to us, but we like them! They taste just like Goldfish. Emily wanted to open them right up and have some.
Annie's Cheddar Bunnies and a little cut out rabbit. I kind of would have preferred a coupon.
"Mmmm!"
Next up was a tin of Ouchies Jr. Eric Carle bandaids ($5). The site doesn't seem to have the variety we got, but they're cute! Emily loves them. Any tiny boo-boo, and she needs one on there (sometimes she calls them bandaids, but sometimes they're "headbands", haha). I've never tried this brand, since we usually just pick up whatever Target has, which is Band-Aid, I think, in the various Disney prints. They work comparably though.
Ouchies Jr. Eric Carle bandaids
The next practical item was a full size tub of Clean Well All Natural Hand Sanitizing Wipes ($5.50). At first, I was happy to see these because we go through wet wipes like nobody's business, but I opened the tub up and, whew!! Man, they smell awful. It's supposed to be Orange Vanilla, so I expected something like the Honest Co. scent I love, but nope. Just bad. I don't know if I can use these. They smell that bad.
Clean Well All-Natural Hand Sanitizing Wipes
Finally on to the fun stuff! The first of 2 toys was a box set of 4 mini puzzles by Barefoot Books ($12.99). This has been a HUGE hit! Emily wants to play with these every day. And they're only 4 pieces per puzzle so they're nice and easy for her as she learns how to do jigsaw puzzles. We got another 12-piece puzzle a few months ago, I think from Citrus Lane, that she initially struggled with, but after playing with these for a few days, she was doing much better with the 12 piece puzzle. For now, I'm still mostly having to separate the 4 puzzles from each other for her to build, but she's working on looking at the pictures to see which ones probably are part of the same puzzle.
 
Barefoot Books 4 mini puzzle set
"Ooooh!"
I had to include a series of pictures of her putting together the puzzles (although the last one is from a different puzzle than the first few, I just noticed). She was so cute! So proud after each piece fit together! And then hopping up and down saying "I did it!" after the puzzle was finished.

The last item was a Creativity for Kids Coloring ARTivity Book ($7.99). Emily also wanted to try this right away. We don't usually play much with markers (other than the dry erase ones in our kitchen) since she's still not terribly careful with them, but they are washable, so we opened it right up. She loves coloring, so this was a hit, too.
"What's this?"
Creativity for Kids Coloring ARTivity book
Blue is always her first color choice

August 2013 Citrus Lane box
Apart from the yucky smelling wipes, this box was another hit. It had an approximate value of $31.98, which isn't huge, but it's more than what I paid and Emily loves most of it, so I'm happy. I'll be interested to see what comes in Stork Stack this month now that I've canceled that, but again, since Stork Stack ends at age 3, I think I made the right choice in which one to keep.

What did your kids get in their boxes? If you’d like to sign up, here’s my personal invite link – if you sign up using that link, it will give you $10 off your order as well as giving me a $10 credit (and I’d be oh, so grateful!!)!

(And just a disclaimer: I bought this box myself and was not compensated for this review in any way. All opinions are my own. I have included referral links.)

No comments:

Post a Comment