Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Naturebox August 2013 Review

After trying the yummy dehydrated granny smith apples in my last PopSugar Must Have box, I decided to use the included 50% off your first month coupon to sign up for Naturebox! For $19.95 a month, you get 5 bags of healthy snacks (they seem to range from 2-5 servings each - though mine are lasting me longer than that even!). They are "made from the most wholesome ingredients and will be minimally processed, if at all" according to Naturebox. Sadly, I'm not the healthiest eater, but after I enjoyed the granny smith apples, I decided to try this out to make at least my snacks healthier.

Opening the box
My first box was a "discovery box", meaning they make all the choices. I think in the future I can make my own choices via email, but I'm not entirely clear on that. They are working on an online system for you to make your choices, so I look forward to that. Anyway, this month's theme was "Back to School".
The other side of the info card (front is above)
My snacks this month were:
  • Santa Fe Corn Sticks - pretty yummy! They remind me of denser Fritos with a salsa-y taste. I didn't think I'd like them, but I did! I might get these again. 5 servings (I've had 3 so far, and I think 5 may be reasonable here).
Santa Fe Corn Sticks (I think in the future, I may pour out a handful to get a better picture than just the bag)
  •  Sweet Blueberry Almonds - super yum! Almonds on their own are ok, but these are dusted with a blueberry powder that tastes so good! I'd definitely get these again. Labeled as 4 servings, but I've snacked on these at least 5 times so far and have half the bag left.
Sweet Blueberry Almonds
  •  Cherry Berry Bonanza - These were fine. They're dried fruit - cherries, blueberries, and cranberries. Sweet, but not something I'd necessarily reach for first. 3 servings (again, it's already lasted longer than that).
Cherry Berry Bonanza
  •  Teriyaki Twists - I hated these. Thankfully, Chris loved them! I don't like the savory Asian snacks. They all taste the same to me and I don't like that taste. I'd get these again if Chris really wanted them, but he's not a big snacker, so I don't see it happening. 4.5 servings, but Chris only eats a handful at a time, so I think it'll last him much longer.
Teriyaki Twists
  •  Cocoa Waffle Wafers - I opened these first, thinking "Oh boy, these look yummy". Nope. When it touches your tongue, there's a brief hint of sweetness, but as soon as you start to chew it, it's gone. It's just bland and tastes like nothing. Eating cardboard. Maybe like rye cardboard? I definitely don't want these again. 2 servings. Didn't get past the first, so I can't comment on that.
Cocoa Waffle Wafers
August 2013 Nature Box
I'm happy with my first box. Only 1 total loss and I think in the future I can make requests, so I think I'll keep this box around a while.

Oooh, I stand corrected: I just went to look at the site and the new choice feature is up and running! I just put in my choices for my next box!

If you'd like to sign up, please use my link to get 50% off your first box! If you already get Naturebox, what are some of your favorite snacks? I need to make a list of things I want to try in the future! :)

(And just a disclaimer: I bought this box myself and was not compensated for this review in any way. All opinions are my own. The final link is a referral link, but I also included a non-referral link at the top.)

No comments:

Post a Comment