Saturday, September 14, 2013

Glitter Guilty September 2013

While browsing around looking for new subscriptions boxes, I found Glitter Guilty, an indie polish box. For $15.99 a month, you get a full size polish, a different mini polish, and a bonus - either candy or a fun little item based on the season. When you sign up, you can leave color preferences - I just said I didn't like yellow. I love glitter and I love polish, so I had to try it!
Opening the box
I didn't get a tracking email, but it's always nice to get a surprise in the mail! And it was packaged so cute with a little note explaining her choice for the mini polish as well as some info on the bonus item. Speaking of the bonus item, it was a cute bottle cap magnet from Little EMbellishments that went right on my fridge!
Little EMbellishments magnet
My mini polish was a pretty dark blue and white sparkle polish called Tight End. As the owner explained, these are her football team colors. I know nothing about sports, so no idea who they are. <shrug> It's a cute polish though. I almost kind of prefer the mini size for sparkle polishes - if I were buying them separately, I could get a bigger variety for less money than a bunch of full sizes that will never get completely used up.
Glitter Guilty Tight End
My full sized polish, which I think is different for everyone and is more customized to your preferences, is Poisoned Apple. In the bottle, it's beautiful - TONS of red glitter of various sizes. It was a bit harder to get the full effect on a nail. The big glitters just don't want to come out. I shook, I rolled, I dug through with the brush - they just weren't coming out. That bums me out a bit because there's a DarlingDivaPolish polish on Etsy I've been eying that I hoped this would be similar to, but I just can't get the Glitter Guilty one to look like the DarlingDivaPolish swatch. It's still pretty, but more as a glitter top coat probably since I ended up having to make it pretty thick to get a lot of the glitter out.
Glitter Guilty Poisoned Apple
Swatches - 2 coats Tight End, 2 thick coats Poisoned Apple
September 2013 Glitter Guilty Pleasures Box
I think this is a fun box, and I think if it were 3 mini polishes instead of 1 mini and 1 full, I might like it better. I thought about staying on another month and requesting a milkier base for my next box like some of the polishes she has in her store, since I really have nothing like that. In the end though, I decided I'd be better off just ordering mini versions of indie polishes on Etsy, so that I get exactly what I want in a small size. I definitely don't discourage anyone from signing up for Glitter Guilty though!

If you'd like to sign up, her subscription page is here. If you get the Glitter Guilty Pleasures Box, what was your full size color this month?

(And just a disclaimer: I bought this box myself and was not compensated for this review in any way. All opinions are my own.)

No comments:

Post a Comment