Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Ophelia's Apothecary August 2013 Review

This was my third month of my 3 month subscription to Ophelia's Apothecary. For $15/month (or less if you go with a 3- or 6-month subscription), you get 4-6 handmade bath and body items (everything is paraben- and sulfate-free). When you sign up, the owner sends you an email with a survey asking about fragrance preferences, allergies, style/personality, etc to allow her to customize your box a bit.

Thankfully, my box arrived as scheduled this month, so yay! Though, I should say, it actually arrived in a mailer bag this month instead of a box. I'm not sure if it was just for this month or if she's switching over. Either way, the goodies arrived undamaged.
Inside the mailer bag (I can't remember if it was padded or not) was this cute bag wrapped in packing paper.
Info sheet
My first item was a small bottle of Green Tea & Cucumber Face Toner ($4). Sadly, I'm not sure I'll get to use this. Toners and my face don't play well. Every toner I've ever tried irritates the heck out of my face, so I'm a bit scared to try this. But, she didn't know that, so oh well.
Green Tea & Cucumber face toner
Next up, was a tube filled with perfume powder in warm vanilla sugar ($3). I do rather like this. I don't have one of her puffs (and I'm not sure what the coupon is she mentions in the note because I didn't get one - I'm sure I could just mention that though and she'd honor whatever the coupon was for), but I can just dust this on by hand. Or maybe I'll try a brush. It smells nice, too! I do love vanilla!
Perfume powder in warm vanilla sugar
 My next item was another tube of her fantastic shea butter lip balm in sugared strawberry ($5)! I really like her lip balms, so I was excited to see another. I'm less a fan of this scent than last month's vanilla mint, but it's still nice.
Shea butter lip balm in sugared strawberry
My last Ophelia item was a full size roller-ball perfume oil in persimmon berry ($11). This seems to be a substitution for me in place of a soap on the go (and perhaps I didn't get the household cleaner also because of this higher value, which I'm fine with). I'm sort of interested in what the soap on the go is, but I'm pretty happy with the substitution. I love rollerballs and the scent is nice. Very sweet, but not like anything I already have, so I'm happy for the variety.
Perfume oil in persimmon berry
My final bonus item was a little pack of handmade gift tags from Lazy Day Cottage ($5). They're cute, but probably not something I'd buy on my own.
Lazy Day Cottage gift tags
August 2013 Ophelia's Apothecary box
This is a great assortment this month! I'm really excited for the perfume powder, perfume oil, and lip balm. I usually don't tally up the price for these indie boxes, but this month's was worth $28! That's more than twice what I paid (I pay about $13 a month with the 3-month sub)! I'm still really liking this sub, so I went ahead and signed up for another 3 months. :)

If you want to sign up, go to their website! If you get this box already, let me know if you got different things!

(And just a disclaimer: I bought this box myself and was not compensated for this review in any way. All opinions are my own.)

No comments:

Post a Comment