Wednesday, January 1, 2014

December 2013 Summary Part 2


Oddly, I think I might be feeling a tad better today. Still coughing some, but it's not quite as bad sounding or frequent. Hopefully, this is a sign that it's on its way out. <crosses fingers> Anyway, onto part 2 of my December sub summary. And again, I'm only doing it this way for December because I've been sick for a while and I just want to catch up. January subs will go back to normal reviews. :)

PopSugar Must Have
December's box included a Lulu Frost bracelet ($110), a set Mixt Studio wrapping paper ($9), a full size Modelco Fiber Lashxtend mascara ($24), a set of 4 Govino Go Anywhere flutes ($12.95), a package of CC Made Caramel Corn ($4), a pack of NCLA Nail Wraps ($16), and 2 packages of Ghirardelli Squares - caramel and a holiday mix (I can't find the holiday mix, so I'll guess about $10 for the 2 packages). I wasn't overly thrilled with this box. I like the nail wraps and we ate the Ghriardelli Squares, but pretty much everything else ended up in my trade list. Also, I'm baffled by the super expensive bracelet. It's ok (just not my style), but not really worth $110 to me.

Rocks Box Set 3


http://distilleryimage7.ak.instagram.com/1484d5de5e2e11e39ce1128486786a7c_8.jpg
I was really happy with this set of bracelets. The small Gorjana Chaplin bracelet ($50) was cute, but a bit too dainty for me, so it was rated a "like". The Ashlar Drusy Wrap ($60 according to Rocks Box, $65 on the Ashlar website) put me through a range of reactions, haha. When I first saw it balled up in the organza bag, I was like, "What the? Is this a hair tie?", but then I took it out and saw the cute stone on it (I'm really liking drusy stones since discovering them through Rocks Box!), so I liked it a lot more. Really, the 2 problems I had with it were 1. The length was such that I either had to wrap it an extra time around and make it quite snug or wrap it less and have quite a bit of fabric dangling that I'd have to tuck in (and tuck back in as it fell out throughout the day), and 2. The stone kept getting turned around on my hand so that the pretty side was hiding. Too much hassle for a $60 bracelet, no matter how cute it is, so it also got a "like". The last one, the House of Harlow Sunburst Bangle ($68, link is for a different color). Oh, I loved this as soon as I saw it. The sparkly stones and the navy leather together were just so pretty. I kept my box a bit longer than usual because of this bracelet. Oh, I was so tempted to buy it. But, budgets. I do kind of wonder what kind of turn around in brands Rocks Box has. Maybe after I rack up some more credits, I could ask them to send this to me again and then I could buy it. If they still have it around by then.

Rocks Box Set 4
This was another fun set of bracelets. I'm definitely enjoying getting just bracelets from them much better than having them send me a mix. Anyway, from the top. The top wrap is a leather CC Skye Double Wrap Portico Bracelet in Silver and Black ($155 - I think this is the priciest thing they've sent me yet!). I like it because it's edgier, but the clasp popped open 2 or 3 times, which is 2 or 3 times too many for a $155 bracelet. The second bracelet is a Edge of Amber Tamri Bangle in Silver (Rocks Box prices it at $85, the Edge of Amber site prices the gunmetal color (they don't seem to have silver) at $90 on sale for $45). I really liked this bangle too. I love the shape. I'd be a little annoyed to pay even the discounted $68 from Rocks Box though when you can get a similar color (that I like just as well) on the Edge of Amber site for $45 on sale. The last set of bracelets is an interlocked pair of Anuja Tolia Polk a Dot Bangles in Silver (Rocks Box say $56, the Anuja Tolia site says $65). I just wasn't wild on this one. Very noisy jingling and so big that it pretty easily fell off my wrist unless I was wearing something else in front of it, like in the picture.

Starlooks Starbox
Well, I tried to guess which palette it was going to be based on their look book, but they surprised me and sent out an unreleased palette! I like it though! There are some really pretty colors in this - plenty for a neutral look and some to add some pop! I'm very happy with it! And a funny thing - last month, I noticed I didn't get my little monthly crystal shard (I'm not sure if it was just me or everyone, but it was not a big deal at all - it's just a tiny free touch Starlooks has always popped in the box for fun). This month, there were 2 in there! Ha! Also, an added bonus - there was a card in the box saying that starting now, Starlooks is starting a loyalty program where continuous subscribers get a free $35 gift every 3 months! Awesome!

Brazen Friends With Benefits

This month was a matte month. Meh. We got a matte very light beige/almost white and dark brown, a very light pink blush, and a dark red sparkly lip gloss. I'm not wild at all on the eye colors, but I may be able to use them mixed into other looks. The dark brown one isn't too bad now that I see it again. The blush seems very light, even for me. I do like the lip gloss, but I have to use it super sparingly to keep from looking ridiculous because it's so dark. The bonus this month was a little lip palette, but oddly, the colors are very, very similar to each other. There's seriously, like, half a shade of difference between each one, if that. I'm not a huge fan of it. For me, this month was a little bit of a let down, but that's mostly because I don't like matte colors. I appreciate getting to try a blush, but it really doesn't work for me. Hopefully next month will be back to at least a mix of sparkly and matte.

Glamour Doll Eyes Of The Month
Busted sample, Fire Breather sample, My First Time blush as eyeshadow, My First Time blush as blush, Mistletoe Makeout, and Christmas Calories Don't Count
 Well, I didn't think I'd get to pick this up this month because we were actually at the airport leaving for Disney World when the store opened up for December's OTM. My phone was going super slow, but I got it. And I'm glad I did! Apparently, December is a special month for Glamour Doll Eyes. It's considered a bonus month that is sold separately, so I couldn't get a 3 month sub starting this month (I'll have to try for that next week). It also cost a little bit more (I think it was like $9 or 10 instead of the normal $7) because she sends out more in December! Normally, its one color of the month and a bonus item, maybe 2. This month we got 2 eye shadows, a blush, 2 baggie samples, a Black Luna Lacquer nail polish, a Suds N Sass soap, a Sedona Lace blender brush, and a little bag of candy. I LOVED everything I got. My blush was purple and I even ended up really liking that!

So, that's it for December!

No comments:

Post a Comment