Thursday, January 9, 2014

Ophelia's Apothecary December 2013 Review

I got an Ophelia's Apothecary bag very early this month - at first I thought it was just January's arriving quite early (they usually show up near the end of the month), but looking back at my pictures, I think the last bag I took pictures of was November (certainly the last I reviewed, but December was an odd month for reviews), so this must be December's bag and I just didn't notice it hadn't arrived last month. It does make more sense that it is December, given the holiday themed bag. I don't really mind the slight delay - the beginning of the month is usually pretty slow for me with boxes, so it was nice to get some mail! And I figured I'd still post the review, especially since it was a great bag!

Ophelia's Apothecary is a great indie bath and body product subscription. For $15/month (or less if you go with a 3- or 6-month subscription), you get 4-6 handmade bath and body items (everything is paraben- and sulfate-free). When you sign up, the owner sends you an email with a survey asking about fragrance preferences, allergies, style/personality, etc to allow her to customize your box a bit. I always look forward to seeing what new stuff I'll get each month!

December's cute holiday bag
There were quite a lot of items this month inside that bag! The first thing I pulled out was a little pot of lip balm with an egg nog scent! I love egg nog and somehow forgot to partake in any this year! (Well, I did buy some, then got sick, and then when I felt a bit better, I realized it expired like 2 weeks earlier. Eek.) Anyway, this smells great!
Egg nog lip balm
Next up, a sample I have gotten 1 or 2 of already over the course of my months with this subscription, but don't mind having more of, was a little pot of Lemony Meringue Hand Cream. It smells just how it sounds and I love it because it's so nice and thick and moisturizing. 
Lemony Meringue Hand Cream
Next was a small plastic container full of sea salt (for scrubs/exfoliating) in the scent red currant and thyme. This smells great, too. Everything does!
Red Currant and Thyme sea salt
Another scrub product (and one we've gotten a few samples of lately, but they're one time use and great, so I certainly don't mind!) we got was a scoop of her sugar scoop scrub. She didn't list the scent of this one, but it's definitely a different scent than I've gotten either other time and it smells so nice. It smells like Christmas.
Sugar scoop scrub (unknown scent)
We also got a nice sized slice of shea butter soap in the scent First Snow, which, like everything else, smelled amazing. It does remind me of snow!
Shea butter soap in First Snow
One of my favorite, favorite things to get from Ophelia's Apothecary (so much so that I bought several minis separately late last year!) are her roll on perfume oils! We got one in this bag with the scent Sweet Rain, which she describes as "Clean and crisp,this sweet floral rain scent is a blend of peonies, fresh green, tulip,hydrangea and cyclomen hightlighted by fresh ozonic spring air". I typically don't like florals, but this is light and sweet and just really pleasant. I love it!
Sweet Rain perfume oil roll on
Finally, although she's mentioned lately on Facebook that she likely won't continue it, I think because it's a lot of work, she included a few samples of her own mineral eye shadow! I'm a huge sucker for mineral eye shadow, so this thrilled me! I got Snow Angel (pearly white), Col Blue Eyes (kind of a dusty teal), and Orchid (a lovely shimmery purple). I kind of regret not taking advantage of the flash sale she had clearing out her inventory of shadows! It was like $10 for 10 3g pots! Oh well. I have so much, I probably don't need more anyway...
Snow Angel, Col Blue Eyes, and Orchid eye shadow samples
December 2013 Ophelia's Apothecary bag
I'm thrilled with this month's bag. I love everything in it and the scents are all ones I like! Very happy! If you want to sign up, go to her website! If you get this box already, let me know if you got different things!

(And just a disclaimer: I bought this box myself and was not compensated for this review in any way. All opinions are my own.)

No comments:

Post a Comment