Sunday, January 19, 2014

Wantable January 2014 Review

I decided to switch things up a little bit for my Wantable box this month. I had gotten down to some pretty narrow likes and I wanted to expand a bit to get a bit more variety this month. Just as a reminder, for $36/month (or $40 if you just want to buy a single box without a subscriptions), you get 4-5 full size premium makeup products (they also have a jewelry subscription and a new intimates subscription if either of those is your thing - it's not mine.). When you sign up, you fill out a quiz that has you rate different makeup types (like lipstick, blush, and eyeshadow) as love, like, or dislike and within those categories, you rate things like application type (like cream vs. powder blush) and colors (like neutral vs. brights). Things that you rate as dislike, you will never get in your box, while things you love are more likely to show up than things you like.

Somehow I forgot to take a picture of everything in the box and everything displayed together, so I'm missing those 2 shots, but I do have individual product pictures.

I figure I'll start off with my least favorite items: 2 Starlooks products. It's not that I dislike Starlooks - on the contrary, I love Starlooks! I get their subscription!  But, because I get their subscription, there's a risk of getting duplicate products when they send their stuff to different subs to send out. Like now. 2 products I already have. First up, the Starlooks Lengthening Mascara ($16). I actually do like this mascara - it lengthens pretty well (not as well as my favorite Too Faced Better Than False Lashes, but decent) and I love the hefty metal tube packaging. It just feels luxurious. The second Starlooks product was a Gem Eye Pencil in Myth ($14). Again, a great product. Lovely dark gray metallic eye liner that spreads amazingly well because the liner is so soft and buttery. But I already own every color and this is my third one in Myth. So, both of these went unopened to my trade board.
Starlooks Lengthening Mascara and Gem Eye Pencil in Myth
Now, for the part of my box that I changed up, I got 3 nail products! First, I got a Color Club polish in the color Personal Stylist ($8). It's a pretty metallic blue, but I think I have a fairly close color already, so this may or may not be traded. The website says it's a duochrome. Maybe I'd have to swatch it to see. It might have a hint of purple, maybe. Not a terribly bold duochrome though.
Color Club Personal Stylist (that hint of pink/purple you see isn't in the bottle. It's just a reflection of a pink sticker)
My other polish was a Rainbow Honey polish in the color Koi Pond, which apparently is sold out on the website ($10). I like this polish much more than the Color Club one. It's a glitter polish and it's totally different than any other color I have. This is a happy addition to my collection!
Rainbow Honey Koi Pond
My last item was a set of NCLA Nail Wraps in the design Fowl Play. I used to wear nail wraps ALL THE TIME. I'm not even sure why I haven't in a while. I guess I just have so much nail polish, I want to make sure I wear it all! Anyway, these nail wraps are really pretty! I love the peacock feather design and that there's really a good variety of specific designs in the pack. I could wear all of them in one manicure or spread it out over quite a few using them for accent nails.
NCLA Nail Wraps in Fowl Play (I apologize for the blurriness - I didn't even notice until I uploaded!)
I'm really glad I switched up my profile a bit this month. The nail products were great! Funny enough, the part that stuck to my original preferences was the part that contained dupes for me. Hopefullly next month, they'll have a couple different featured brands to send out, so I won't get so much Starlooks. I did put in my ratings that I really would prefer not to get more Starlooks, but I'm not sure how much the ratings get used. I think it's a new feature (unless I just haven't noticed till now!). Anyway, I was happy to see 5 things in the box and the overall value this month was $64. Still a bit lower than what we used to get, but I think that may just be how it is now. After they changed to 3-4 items per month and then back to 4-5 (presumably because people weren't happy with the 3-4 items), it kind of seems like the value might've stayed down a bit. It's still more than the cost of the box though, so that's all that matters. I still love my Wantable. (I may even order an extra box for next month since it was my birthday this month!)

If you are interested in signing up for this awesome subscription, here's my link! If you get Wantable, what kind of awesome stuff did you get this month?

(And just a disclaimer: I bought this box myself and was not compensated for this review in any way. All opinions are my own. I have included referral links.)

No comments:

Post a Comment