Friday, January 31, 2014

Brazen's Friends with Benefits January 2014 Review

Well, I was just going to do a compilation of the...4 (ahem...)...mineral eye shadow subs I tried this month, but I'm still waiting on one of them - it doesn't appear to be the company's fault. The owner talked on Facebook about how USPS has had problems with tons of her packages this month. According to the tracking, they shipped it out a while ago (the 12th) and it's just been sitting somewhere in Illinois since the 22nd. <shrug> Hopefully it'll get here eventually. So, anyway, I guess I'll just split them up.

The first, one I've been with for a little while now is Brazen's Friends With Benefits. They've been pretty consistently good for me from the beginning. I wasn't thrilled with December, but only because they sent out mattes and I don't love mattes. Personal preference. Anyway, as a reminder, they have 3 levels of subscription that vary in what you get (I get silver):
1. Silver ($15) - 3 3g pots of limited edition or unreleased shadow, a 3g pot of limited edition or unreleased lipgloss, and some ordering rewards, early access to sales and a 10% discount on their site.
2. Gold ($20) - Everything in silver plus a full sized lip gloss and 15% off on their site.
3. Platinum ($25) - Everything in gold plus a full sized eye shadow and 20% off on their site.

I forgot to take a picture of the bag with everything in it, but it was fairly simple this month - a clear bag with a silver tie.
Info card (blurry, I'm sorry)
The goods! Top row: Blizzard, Snow Day, and Frostbite. Bottom: Turn up the Heat
 Yay, back to non-mattes! Rather than just state what the info card says, I'll give my own impressions of each product:
  •  Blizzard - a nice dark blueish silver with a good amount of sheen (I'm not quite seeing the duochrome mentioned and I see more sheen than particle sparkle). 
  • Snow Day - a light silvery white, also high sheen (also not really seeing the duochrome - maybe I have to try without a primer underneath?) 
  • Frostbite - a medium shiny silver
  • Turn Up the Heat - woot, another lip gloss I love! Very sparkly lightish pink. Awesome!
Swatches, top to bottom: Turn up the Heat, Blizzard, Snow Day, Frostbite

I like the 3 shadows (and I think they'd look great together!), but I'm a bit bummed that I'm not really fully seeing what the description states. I may try them out again without primer because colors tend to be much bolder with primer, so maybe I need it a bit more powdery to see all the aqua duochrome and sparkle the descriptions talk about. Funny enough, I think my favorite product this month is the lip gloss! I'll definitely use it! 
January 2014 Brazen Friends with Benefits
If you got Brazen's Friends with Benefits this month, did you like it? If you got a different level, what else did you get? If you're interested in signing up, head on over to their site.

(And just a disclaimer: I bought this box myself and was not compensated for this review in any way. All opinions are my own.)

No comments:

Post a Comment