Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Relevant Nails January 2014 Review

I had previously tried Relevant Nails as a one time box just to see what kind of polish they sent out and was really pleased, so I decided to go ahead and order a 3 month subscription. Again, they aren't quite set up to do ongoing subscriptions monthly (automatic billing) yet, so you just have to buy the box month by month or you can buy 3, 6, or 12 month subscriptions paid upfront. For $16, you get 2 full size indie nail polishes! According to the Relevant Nails site, this subscription features "Rain City Lacquer, Black Sheep Lacquer, LynBDesigns, Sparkle Nail Lacquer, FLOSS GLOSS and much more!"

Once again, my order arrived packaged well with bubble wrap and squigglies.
Opening the box
 And again, I loved the colors I got! 2 gorgeous glitters! The first is called It's Inconceivable, although I couldn't figure out the brand at first. It doesn't look like any of the indie brands featured on the site and doesn't appear to have a brand written on it. There's something tiny, but cut off on the back that looks like it says ?nbdesigns.etsy.com, and I thought the ? was an r, but that's a graphic designer. Then I tried searching for just It's Inconceivable, thinking that maybe that was the brand name and not the color. That found something on Etsy! It's apparently LynBDesigns and she has a lot of really pretty colors! Anyway, that polish is nice densely packed glitter with silver, light blue, and pink.
LynBDesigns It's Inconceivable
The second polish is a Spy Princess polish in the color Spectre. I feel like this one could've been a bit more densely packed with glitter. It's a lovely clear base with light blue and silver holo glitters and if it were densely packed, I think it would be amazing, but as it is, I think it might make a better topper because it's quite sheer. The silver holo glitter does give it a really nice sparkle though! And, man, I'm really glad I looked up the brand on Etsy to link it because I didn't realize this was a glow in the dark polish! That makes it more fun! They say it's best to "charge it up" with light for a few minutes, but I just held my phone light on it for maybe 20 seconds and it definitely glows!
Spy Princess Spectre
Swatches (3 coats on top, 2 coat on bottom). I couldn't really get a good shot of the glow in the dark of Spectre.
So, again, I'm happy to get some new polish so this sub makes me happy! And the value's certainly there - my 2 polishes alone would've been $17.50, plus individual shipping on each one since they're from different Etsy shops, which would've added an additional $5.75, so $16 was a great deal! Can't wait to see what I get next month!


If you'd like to sign up, head on over to their page!

(And just a disclaimer: I bought this box myself and was not compensated for this review in any way. All opinions are my own.)

No comments:

Post a Comment