Saturday, August 17, 2013

Stork Stack August 2013 Review

Still playing catch up with my box reviews! Stork Stack actually arrived fairly early in the month and sadly, I didn't get to see Emily open it up because I was cleaning something up while she opened it with Chris. So no pictures of Emily in this one, sadly.

Stork Stack is a subscription for kids ages 0 -3 (Emily will be 3 in December). For $27.99, you get 4 age-appropriate items for your child and one item for mom or dad. It's nice that they add in an item for parents, but I have my own subscriptions, so I'd kind of rather they make it 5 things for kids. August's theme was "Splish Splash! Bed and Bath!".
Opening the box
Info card
I had seen a couple of reviews before I got the box for a 3 year old and, I believe, an 18 month old, and there was one product in particular that I knew would make it or break it for me with this month's box. I assumed she'd get the 3 year old toy, a set of foam bath shapes, which was kind of a bummer because she already has a set of letters. In the 18 month old's box, there was a Green Toys submarine which I thought Emily would absolutely love! It actually seemed really odd to me that those 2 toys weren't swapped for those ages. Anyway, that was the first thing I wanted to see - which one did we get?
Green Toys Submarine!
Yay! The submarine ($14.99)!! Emily loves it! It's a great bath toy. It even has a little spout in the front to pour out water. Definite win here.

Emily also got a cute Rich Frog piggy soap holder ($7.95). We haven't used bar soap on her for at least 6 months now, but we used to use Dove Sensitive exclusively, so maybe we'll mix it up a bit again so we can use this. It is pretty cute. I'm not sure how much Emily will like it, since she's usually more interested in her bath toys than what's washing her. We do use an animal bath mitt with a little lather thingy (the poufy thing - what the heck are those called?), but she rarely notices it.
Rich Frog Pig Soap Sack
Keeping with the bath trend, Emily also got a full size Bionee Pure Hair & Body Cleansing Foam ($11.50). This actually reminds me a lot of what I used to use on Emily's hair - Mustela Foam Shampoo for Newborns (ok, we used it way beyond the newborn phase - probably till about 6 months ago, when we discovered Honest Shampoo & Body Wash). I'll certainly give it a try. While I'm not sure if Emily will notice the piggy soap holder, I know for sure she won't notice this one. But Stork Stack doesn't only give you things your kid will get excited about. They give you new useful products to try.
Bionee Pure Hair & Body Cleansing Foam
The last product for Emily, fitting the bedtime part of the theme, was the book Goodnight, Me by Andrew Daddo ($6.29). I love getting new books because Emily will sit and listen to books for ages. I love that she loves reading and I'm happy to encourage it with new books.
Goodnight, Me by Andrew Daddo
The "mom" item in the box was actually labeled as a mom and baby product, a Chivas Nourishing Bath Soak ($4.00). I don't know that I've ever taken a bath with Emily (occasional showers now to save time), so I don't think I'll be reenacting the scene on the accompanying informational card, but it looks like a nice product. I'm torn between putting into Emily's bath or saving it on the off chance I ever want to relax and take a bath.
Chivas Nourishing Bath Soak
Or, I suppose I could follow these instructions for a scrub or foot soak!
August 2013 Stork Stack
I was pretty happy with this box. Emily liked the book and the boat and I was happy to have a few new products to try, even if I'm not sure how often they'll get used. The overall value of the box was about $44.73, so that's a pretty good value considering I paid $27.99!

As much as I liked this box, Emily will be 3 in December, and this box only goes to age 3. Emily also starts preschool next month, so I'm cutting back a little on boxes to save a bit of money. Since this one will be too young for her pretty soon, I decided this would be one that's cut and Emily will keep getting Citrus Lane for now. I'm still thinking of maybe getting a gift subscription (won't automatically resubscribe after it ends) for 3 more months to last her till almost her birthday, but we'll see.

If you'd like to sign up, please use my referral code: C641FAA7 at the Stork Stack website. We'll both earn $10 Stork bills, which can be applied to the next month's box! On our end, that $10 would really help out and let Emily get these last few months' boxes before she turns 3! If you already get Stork Stack, what did you get?

(And just a disclaimer: I bought this box myself and was not compensated for this review in any way. All opinions are my own. I included a referral code, but no referral link.)

No comments:

Post a Comment