Saturday, August 31, 2013

iNZURi I.N.N Box August 2013 Review

I'm a sucker for polish subscriptions. So, when I heard about the iNZURi I.N.N. box and saw a few pretty cool looking reviews, I decided to try it. For $24.50 a month ($19.50 plus shipping), they send you 3 quality polishes (they seem to focus on Essie, China Glaze and ORLY so far, though one box did have a Sally Hansen polish) plus nail care tools, a full size beauty product, and free samples. They have 3 collections each month for you to choose from. For August, I'm sadly mostly blanking on the other choices (they're no longer on the site), but I know one was a collection of 2 blue cremes and a blue glitter (I have the glitter already - it was actually the Sally Hansen I mentioned above, so a bit lower quality in my opinion, but pretty all the same) and I believe the other one I didn't choose had gold in it (I have quite a few golds). I decided on the Summer in St. Tropez collection since it was the most fun and I thought it had the best chance of giving me polishes I might not have.

My main complaint so far with them is that they still seem to be ironing out some kinks as they start their service. I ordered near the end of July and never got a shipping confirmation. I checked my account page online and it was listed as fulfilled, but there was no shipping number. Thankfully, they did respond to an email and sent me the shipping number. I'm not sure why I didn't initially get it. Hopefully next month will be better. 

Opening the box
A box within a box! And a cute one at that! I love that it's a reusable box! I can use this for sure.
Hot pink plastic box
My somewhat wrinkled info sheet - I kind of prefer cardstock (I keep them all!), but this is certainly good enough
So, my nail tools included a nail brush and a set of the disposable flip flops you get at nail salons. I'm not really sure why I needed a set of those flip flops if I'm just doing my nails at home. Seemed a little weird to me. The nail brush is something I don't have, though, so I'll take it! There were no values for these, so I guess I'll call it $4? $1 for the flip flops, $3 for the brush?
Disposable flip flops
Nail brush
My polish colors, which I knew ahead of time, were China Glaze Keeping it Teal ($7.50 retail, $4.48 Amazon), Essie Big Spender ($8 retail, $5.89 Amazon), and China Glaze Surfin for Boys ($7.50 retail, $5.01 Amazon).
China Glaze Keeping it Teal, Essie Big Spender, and China Glaze Surfin for Boys
Cute! Keeping it Teal is definitely unique to my collection - I thought at first, it might be similar to Julep's Lena, but Lena has a gold shimmer to it, while Keeping it Teal doesn't. When I swatched it, it's definitely different - it's pretty sheer and quite a different color from Lena. It needed a good 3 coats for my liking. It's really pretty though. Surfin For Boys arrived a bit separated and oddly hard to remix. I'm not sure if that means anything, but I thought I'd make a note of it. It's a hard color to describe. It's kind of a neon coral/hot pink/orange mix with some shimmer that looks kind of different in different angles. I'm not sure how much of that has to do with the difficulty mixing, but it's prettier than I thought it would be looking at the bottle. Probably more of a toe polish for me than finger. It's pretty bold. Essie is the only one that's not terribly unique to my collection. Julep's Nellie is quite similar.

Finally, I didn't appear to get any beauty samples in my box, but instead got 2 full size beauty products! No complaints here! My first was Tilth Beauty Serum ($62!!), which is supposed to make your face look refreshed, radiant, and younger. We'll see. I do love that it's not just a foil packet. A full bottle will give you a much better idea if it works! The second product was OC8 Mattifying Gel (iNZURi says $41, but the OC8 website links to a place you can buy it for $27.96, down from $33.22 retail, so I don't know where they got their price. Still not bad though.). I don't really wear foundation or powders or anything that would require a primer coat or anything, but I think I can probably use this on it's own to make my face less shiny, which is a great thing down in TX! I'm pretty happy with both of these products. It will be interesting to see, going forward if they continue with this in terms of 2 full size instead of 1 plus a sample or 2 as advertised) and in terms of price point. I'm thinking this box might have been special since it's their first box ever and they want people to be wowed, but I also think it might be a tad dangerous to start off awesome and go downhill.
Tilth Beauty Serum
OC8 Mattifying Gel
August 2013 iNZURi box
Overall, I'm pretty impressed with the contents of the box. I do seem to be having some trouble choosing next month's box. I thought I chose it (I got a confirmation page after choosing it), but it wasn't showing up on my account page, so I emailed them. The response was that I wasn't set up for a subscription, but a one time purchase (only available for August according to them). I followed their directions for signing up for the subscription, but it doesn't show up on my account page either - I got an email confirmation of it, but there's no link to my account on it. The only link is a link to supposedly edit/cancel your subscription, but it just links you to the page where you sign up, so it's very buggy right now. I emailed them again, and actually got a response in only 6 minutes (that's pretty awesome!), letting me know they were working out the bugs (they are new after all) to link the subscription to your account to let you properly choose. She did confirm my choice, which I made just after subscribing in hopes that they'd somehow be linked, so we'll see if I get it, haha. Assuming they iron out this problem and I get shipping confirmation next month, I think I'll like this subscription pretty well. The contents are great and have a high value and customer service is attentive. They just need to fix the bugs in the ordering system.

If you'd like to learn more about iNZURi, go to their website here.

(And just a disclaimer: I bought this box myself and was not compensated for this review in any way. All opinions are my own.)


No comments:

Post a Comment