Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Wantable Makeup July 2013

Wantable is one of my newer subscriptions, and one that I sort of wish I didn't like quite as much, simply because it's one of my pricier subs. For $36/month (or $40 if you just want to buy a single box without a subscriptions), you get 4-6 full size premium makeup products (they also have a jewelry subscription if that's your thing - its not mine). Although I sort of complain about the price, really, it's actually a good deal because I could go to Sephora and easily spend way more than $36 on 4-6 nice products. When you sign up, you fill out a quiz that has you rate different makeup types (like lipstick, blush, and eyeshadow) as love, like, or dislike and within those categories, you rate things like application type (like cream vs. powder blush) and colors (like neutral vs. brights). Things that you rate as dislike, you will never get in your box, while things you love are more likely to show up than things you like. This works out great for me, since I love all things eye, but I'm really not wild on lip products.

There aren't really themes each month, although they do seem to feature certain makeup brands as headliners each month. I believe this month the features were Michael Marcus, Besame, Lise Watier, Susan Posnick, and Brazen. What you get depends on your preferences, of course, and you'll still more than likely get brands other than the headliners as well. I loved my first box in June, so I was eager to see what I got in July!
Opening the box.
Info sheet - lists descriptions and retail prices
The makeup is all packed together in a bag within the confetti stuff, but I noticed one product was in there separately. I'm guessing it's a bonus item since it's a sample size and has no retail value on the info sheet. And I'm glad it's just a bonus because it's a self-tanning lotion. <sigh> The product is Manna Kadar Cosmetics Bronze Beauty self-tanning lotion. This is a 1 oz sample and the full size is 4 oz, so this has an approximate value of $4.75 (at least while the item is on sale for $19). But this could be worth $100 and I'd still be unenthusiastic about it. I don't want to be tan and I really don't want to smell like self-tanner. Blech. I'll see if I can find someone else who wants it. Since this appears to be a bonus item, I'm not so upset about getting something I definitely rated as dislike in my survey. Would I have preferred a bonus item I could get excited about? Sure.
Manna Kadar Cosmetics Bronze Beauty self-tanning lotion
My first full size product is FACE Stockholm Cream Highlighter in Dignity. This is valued at $25 and it's great! I typically use powder highlighters (applied with a brush) and occasionally a liquidy one like Benefit High Beam (I use the doe-foot applicator to get it on, but my finger to spread it), so this cream highlighter was new to me. The FACE Stockholm site says you can apply theirs with your finger, a brush, or a sponge, but it was pretty slow building with my finger and a bit too chunky and thick with a brush, so I'm thinking sponge is the way to go. The color is really pretty and I'll definitely use this!
FACE Stockholm Cream Highlighter in Dignity
My next item is Susan Posnick Color Eye Define in Turquoise/Topaz. Valued at $26, I am also loving this product! It's a double ended liner/eyeshadow. The topaz eyeshadow, stored in a little pot on one end of the pencil, is a really pretty purplish-brown that is super smooth and easy to apply with the sponge tip. The turquoise liner is a twist-up soft pencil liner that is such a pretty color. Definitely bold, but I think as a accent color, it will look really pretty. Looking at the website, I think I might pick up another variety, too! The colors are all really pretty.
Susan Posnick Color Eye Define in Turquoise/Topaz
My last 2 products were both Brazen. I've gotten this brand several times in Beauty Box 5 and always like what I get, so once I noticed neither was a product I'd already gotten, I was excited for them! My first item was an eyeshadow in Wicked. Valued at $18, It's not currently available on their website - it looks like they are getting ready to release a new line (I wonder if this is part of the new one or old one...), so they only have a couple sale shadows left for sale now (ooh, Submission looks amazing!). It's a really lovely shimmery green and it's awesome. I love colored shadow. AND! My complaint about the samples in BB5 not having a sifter tray? Solved with the full size! Very happy about that - no more shadow going everywhere when I open it!
Brazen eye shadow in Wicked
My second Brazen item was a new one for me with Brazen! A blush! The color is Tantalize. The website lists the 20 g size at $16.99 while Wantable lists it at $19. Not sure why there's a discrepancy and I wonder if the new shadows will be a bit cheaper than $18, too. I'm going to go with $16.99 for the blush since that's how much I'd have to pay if I wanted to buy it from Brazen (the eyeshadow can stay at $18 since I can't find it to buy yet). It's bright, but as with all mineral cosmetics, can be applied as light or dark as you want, so it's still really pretty, even on my pale skin (I swatched it below a little darker though).
Brazen cosmetics blush in Tantalize
Swatches of everything. Left to right: Susan Posnick eyeshadow in Topaz and liner in Turquoise, Brazen eyeshadow in Wicked, Brazen blush in Tantalize, and FACE Stockholm highlighter in Dignity. Obviously I did not swatch the bronzer :)
Wantable July 2013 makeup box
I loved my July Wantable box. I'm willing to overlook the bonus item because everything else, all the full size stuff, I love and will absolutely use. They definitely followed my beauty profile. And totaled up (with the Brazen price for their blush), this box had a value of $92.75! Well over the $36 I paid! If you are interested in signing up for this awesome subscription, here's my link! As usual, if you prefer not to use my referral link (thought I'd love it if you did!), there's a non-referral link up top. If you get Wantable, what kind of awesome stuff did you get this month?

(And just a disclaimer: I bought this box myself and was not compensated for this review in any way. All opinions are my own. The final link is a referral link, but I also included a non-referral link at the top.)

No comments:

Post a Comment