Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Rocks Box Set #9

Rocks Box doesn't have a set box they send out to everyone each month (plus you can get more than one box a month for the same monthly fee anyway!), so this review isn't technically a May specific one, but I did get it this month, so here it is!

Rocks Box is a jewelry rental subscription - it's kind of like Netflix. For $19 (or less if you go with a longer subscription), you get a box of 3 pieces of jewelry, wear them as long as you'd like, then pack it back up in the included paid envelope, and they send you another when they get it back (as many times as you'd like per month - I've managed to squeeze 3 into one month once, but usually it's more like 1-2, depending on how long I want to wear the jewelry they send). A twist to this box is that if your really love something you get, you can buy it from them at 20% off retail (you just keep the piece and they charge you for it). When you sign up, you take a quiz to determine your style and the kinds of pieces you want (earrings/necklaces/bracelets/rings) so that the pieces they send you are tailored to that style. When you send a box back, you also fill out some feedback on the pieces you got, which they take into account for your next box.

I'm still requesting only bracelets from Rocks Box, since that's really all I want right now. When I sent my last box in (I even bought something from that box!), I had made a few requests for this month and they absolutely listened!
Opening the box
Info sheet
First up, I've gotten a few Nakamol wrap bracelets in my boxes (the first was in Set #2 and the second was the box just before this, which I didn't review because I was only finally starting to feel better in my second trimester - though I wish I had - that box was PERFECT) and I really love the style, but I'm just waiting for the perfect color to appear in my box before I buy one. So, in my last return, I had requested a different color Nakamol Beaded Leather Wrap Bracelet (retails $55, Rocks Box price $44). The color I got this month was Bronze and Silver. Definitely cute, like they all are, but perhaps blends into my skin a bit much. I do like it because it's neutral enough to go with anything though. I just don't think this is the one I'll buy.
Nakamol wrap bracelet
Wearing it! (I really love that top section of beads - shiny!)
 Next up, back in Set #3, I got an amazing House of Harlow Sunburst Bangle (retail $68, Rocks Box price $54.40) that I really regretted sending back, so I asked if they still had it, expecting them to say no. They didn't have that exact one (the navy and silver), but they did send me a black and gold one! I'm not as big a fan of gold, but I love the style of this bracelet so much, I think I may love it anyway. I've worn it a few times and I think having a gold piece or 2 maybe isn't a terrible idea! Lets me mix it up a bit. Also, I can't find the silver and navy one ANYWHERE, full retail price or not, even on eBay, so I think I may be out of luck on that one anyway.
House of Harlow Sunburst Bangle
And on.
Those were my only 2 requests, so my third item was a surprise. It was an Urban Gem Pave Link Chain Bracelet (retail $60, Rocks Box price $48). This is the second Urban Gem item I've gotten and like the first, I'm still not sure if they have a website because I can't find it. But, anyway, it's not bad. It's a silver link bracelet with little rhinestones on each link. Not bad, but not something I'm terribly drawn to, so no temptation to buy this one.
Urban Gem Pave Link Chain Bracelet
And on.
All 3 pieces from my set #9
Overall, I'm again really impressed with Rocks Box. They definitely look at feedback and I was so happy to see both of my requests fulfilled! This box is such a fun way to experiment with jewelry and wear new pieces. I love opening the box and seeing if there's something that makes me go "oooooh!" I've had this set about 2 weeks now, so I think I'll be packing it up (except for maybe the House of Harlow bracelet, which I'm pretty sure I'm buying) so I can get another set!

If you'd like to try this awesome box, you can sign up with my link and get $10 off your first month! If you already get Rocks Box, what kinds of pieces do you get? Anything you've loved and bought?

(And just a disclaimer: I bought this box myself and was not compensated for this review in any way. All opinions are my own. I have included referral links.)

No comments:

Post a Comment