Saturday, February 1, 2014

Madd Cat Monthly January 2014 Review

One of the new mineral eye shadow subscriptions I'm trying out this month is Madd Cat Monthly by Madd Style Cosmetics. I found out about this company through the Makeup Talk forums (MUT) along with the other one I'm still waiting on. For $12 a month, you get 2 full sized exclusive to the subscription shadows, at least 2 samples (think baggies) of their other products, and occasional surprises that can range from full size to sample.

Since I signed up before the 20th of the month (that's the cutoff for that month), I got January's bag first.
The bag (with lots of star confetti inside!)
Info card
This month's colors were:
  • Stroke of Midnight (full size) - a super sparkly black with a definite purple tint and lots of purple sparkle. I really wish this photographed as it looks in real life. I couldn't capture the beautiful detail of this color, but it's so gorgeous and definitely a new favorite. 
  • A Wrinkle in Time (full size) - a super sparkly antique gold. Really lovely and unique to my quickly growing collection.
  • Time Warp (sample) - Another black, but this one was filled with blue and green glitter, so close up it looks quite different to me in person. Sadly, again, I just couldn't capture the detail in the picture, so it looks pretty similar, photographed, to Stroke of Midnight. They are different though!
  • Fairy Fright (sample) - White in the bag, this turns to a lovely beigey white with a strong pink sheen on my skin. Very pretty.
Top jars: Stroke of Midnight and A Wrinkle in Time, Bottom bags: Time Warp and Fairy Fright
Swatches: Stroke of Midnight, A Wrinkle in Time, Time Warp, and Fairy Fright
Blurred shot to show sparkle
I was totally thrilled with this month's selections. The colors were so gorgeous! I love when shadow has a ton of sparkle in it and this absolutely delivers that! Although I'm not sure I need all this shadow, I'm definitely keeping this subscription.
Madd Cat Monthly January 2014 bag
If you'd like to sign up, head over to their website!

(And just a disclaimer: I bought this myself and was not compensated for this review in any way. All opinions are my own.)

No comments:

Post a Comment