Wednesday, June 11, 2014

June 2014 Wantable makeup review

I've been getting Wantable for a while now. My makeup stash is getting pretty big, so I'm actually getting an accessory box soon and if I like it, I think I'll end up putting the makeup version on hold for a bit. Either way, it's a pretty cool box - for $36/month (or $40 if you just want to buy a single box without a subscription), you get 4-5 full size premium makeup products (they also have an accessory subscription and an intimates subscription if either of those is your thing). When you sign up, you fill out a quiz that has you rate different makeup types (like lipstick, blush, and eyeshadow) as love, like, or dislike and within those categories, you rate things like application type (like cream vs. powder blush) and colors (like neutral vs. brights). Things that you rate as dislike, you will never get in your box, while things you love are more likely to show up than things you like.
Opening the box
 Last month, I was advised to take out all my "likes" and just have "loves" or "dislikes" to try to narrow down more specifically the things I wanted to see in my box. I think it worked out ok. My box definitely wasn't as basic as last month's, so I'm happy about that.
Info sheet
My first product was a Chella Eyeliner Pen in the color Indigo ($24). Sadly, I already have one of these from another subscription (my swatch is from the one I already had open), so this is almost definitely going to the trade pile. It's a nice eyeliner though. Smooth crisp line, highly pigmented, and easy to use. Not a bad color, although not one I'd use daily.
Chella Eyeliner Pen in Indigo
My next product was a Mirabella Colour Queen Shadow Duo with the colors Titan and Haute (Wantable says $30, but the Mirabella website says $28). I really like that this is a compact with 2 separate colors in it. That being said, when I tried to flip the top color up, it promptly fell out of it's slot. Thankfully, it didn't break, but when I pushed it back down, it definitely left a bit of an imprint (I think because it had been sitting out in the heat). It seems to be in there well enough now, but a tad disappointing. Also, while I do like bold colors, blue is not really the best color on me. If I'm going to get bold colors, I'd prefer purple or green. But, I'll definitely at least try to make it work. I do love how pigmented they are for sure. I hate when you have to apply like 18 coats of pressed shadow to make it even show up.
Mirabella Colour Queen Shadow Duo in Titan/Haute
Next up was another Mirabella product, their Eye Definer in the color Bronze ($19). I really liked this eye pencil! It has a great creamy consistency that glides right on and nice pigmentation. I like the specific color I got, too. I actually wouldn't mind trying their other colors as well.
Mirabella Eye Definer in Bronze
My last product was a Vincent Longo La Riviera Sun Bronzer in the color Cassata ($32). I decided to branch out just a little and go for a bronzer product, since it is summer and my skin doesn't really have any shade other than "practically translucent white" and red. This probably isn't my favorite bronzer since, unexpectedly, it doesn't show up that well on me in spite of being what appears to be their second darkest bronzer color (according to the site pictures at least - it looked pretty light to me in person), but it's not bad. Maybe I just need to play around it and be a bit more heavy handed.
Vincent Longo La Riviera Sun Bronzer in Cassata
Swatches: Barely noticeable on the left is the Vincent Longo bronzer, on the right top to bottom we have Mirabella eyeshadow duo, Chella pen, and Mirabella pencil.
June 2014 Wantable makeup box
So, overall, this was a decent box. Technically, they're all good choices and fit my profile, so that makes me happy. I definitely like the Mirabella pencil the best from the box and I think I would've liked the other 2 eye products a bit more had I a) not had the Chella already and b) maybe gotten a different color shadow duo. The bronzer remains to be determined. But this is kind of why I'm thinking of taking a short break from the makeup subscription. I have so much that there's not a whole lot to excite me as much anymore. I would love to come back to it at some point for sure because I love getting makeup in the mail, but I think I need to just pause it for now and work through some of my stash. I do really hope the accessory box is awesome and I can get that in the meantime!

If you are interested in signing up for Wantable, here's my link! If you already get Wantable, what kind of products did you get this month?

(And just a disclaimer: I bought this box myself and was not compensated for this review in any way. All opinions are my own. I have included referral links.)


No comments:

Post a Comment